What movie did you watch last night? (27 Viewers)

The Jake "the snake" Roberts decumentery. It was impressive to see what both he & Scott Hall over came, but the last third or so, was So hamfisted. positive reinforcement/Mawkishness was overbearing.
Enjoyed this. Bit dubious about the authenticity of some of the emotional scenes - maybe I've just seen too many wrasslin promos? A great ad for DDP's yoga though.

MV5BMTc5NzQzNjk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU0MjI5NjE@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A one-take one-camera two hour real-time heist movie. Amazing technical achievement but the really great thing about it is that it is so good you keep forgetting it's a one-take job. More exciting than Russian Arc.

MV5BOTQ0OTkzODgyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTA3OTE4MDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I was looking for something undemanding but this was just ungood.

The Nice Guys. Shane Black's new neo-noir buddy crime comedy. I liked it but it's fairly throwaway stuff. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is better.
the-nice-guys-facebook-share.jpg

Saw this on Saturday night. Crowe and the daughter were very good but it didn't really click for me. Would certainly rewatch KKBB before I went back to this.

MV5BMTc5NzQzNjk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU0MjI5NjE@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A one-take one-camera two hour real-time heist movie. Amazing technical achievement but the really great thing about it is that it is so good you keep forgetting it's a one-take job. More exciting than Russian Arc.

MV5BOTQ0OTkzODgyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTA3OTE4MDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I was looking for something undemanding but this was just ungood.
Yeah Victoria's decent, like.

I enjoyed Neighbours and am looking forward to Neighbours 2

Life During Wartime. Todd Solondz's sequel to Happiness featuring the same characters played by different actors. Confusing at first, I had to keep pausing it to figure out who was playing who, and it's a bit uneven but it has it's moments. Some of it works and some of it doesn't/

Ciaran Hinds is a great actor but Dylan Baker made the role of paedo family man Bill Maplewood his own so much that any other actor playing him just doesn't work.

The kid in this, dude on the poster here, is brilliant.

Life-during-wartime-poster.jpg

I WTF'd this post by mistake, sorry Pete but it's staying.

Anyway, watched The Babadook last week, better than I expected but the ending let it down a little.
It also made me realise that the horror selection on Netflix is quite poor.
There's a good horror flick on there called Hush. Worth checking out
Hush (2016) - IMDb

I'd never seen it before, so I watched some of Layer Cake. Fuck me, but it was appalling. And so many well known heads in it. It must have looked good on the page, but jayses. Is Daniel Craig always so wooden? Imma have to reassess the lad's form.

The Conjuring 2 - Shite!

Knight of Cups - I only watched half of it but it seemed to consist entirely of scenes of Christian Bale cavorting with topless models and falling into swimming pools with his clothes on

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back