What movie did you watch last night? (23 Viewers)

Welcome to Me. A woman with borderline personality disorder wins the lottery, goes off her meds and uses her winnings to produce a bizarre autobiographical chat show which soon becomes a cult hit. Gets a bit mawkish towards the end but very funny in parts. Kirsten Wiig does some outstanding work in this.
Welcome_to_Me_poster.png

A Hologram for the King - fairly lukewarm mishmash with Tom Hanks doing the agreeable everyman thing.. it starts off looking like a farcical comedy with some fish-out-of-water American in the Middle East on a business trip stuff, some mid-life crisis ruminations and turns into a straight-up romance drama for the last 20 minutes.. Kind of a mess of too many half established plotlines and themes, mildly entertaining I suppose.

A Hologram for the King - fairly lukewarm mishmash with Tom Hanks doing the agreeable everyman thing.. it starts off looking like a farcical comedy with some fish-out-of-water American in the Middle East on a business trip stuff, some mid-life crisis ruminations and turns into a straight-up romance drama for the last 20 minutes.. Kind of a mess of too many half established plotlines and themes, mildly entertaining I suppose.
Any particular reason you went to see it? I'd avoid this shit like the plague

Every few years a film comes out that seems to have been specifically engineered to my tastes. Green Room is one such film. Brilliant movie. Highly recommended. Definitely not for the squeamish.
green_room_poster_01_a.jpg

Saw it today. Very very good. Certainly had me gripped for the duration. That said I think that it may have been even more effective and more credible if he toned down the gore a bit.

Best thing about it was the performance by this fella

green-room-red-band-trailer-1.jpg

Saw it today. Very very good. Certainly had me gripped for the duration. That said I think that it may have been even more effective and more credible if he toned down the gore a bit.

Best thing about it was the performance by this fella

green-room-red-band-trailer-1.jpg
Yeah, he's great. He's the lead in Blue Ruin which is the director's previous film. Really good revenge flick.

I thought the gore was just the right level. Wasn't too gratuitous, or too cartoony, but there were a couple of moments that stayed with me for days afterwards.

Yeah, he's great. He's the lead in Blue Ruin which is the director's previous film. Really good revenge flick.

I thought the gore was just the right level. Wasn't too gratuitous, or too cartoony, but there were a couple of moments that stayed with me for days afterwards.

Yeah, loved Blue Ruin, and I really like how he directs the movies. Maybe it wasn't the gore itself, but for a short while there was a danger of it taking on the cliches of a slasher movie - the screaming, the "oh-my-fucking-Gods", etc. Thankfully it didn't go there.

It was really good. Loved the scene where the band was playing the gig -
particularly the really beautiful slow-mo bit

Yeah, loved Blue Ruin, and I really like how he directs the movies. Maybe it wasn't the gore itself, but for a short while there was a danger of it taking on the cliches of a slasher movie - the screaming, the "oh-my-fucking-Gods", etc. Thankfully it didn't go there.

It was really good. Loved the scene where the band was playing the gig -
particularly the really beautiful slow-mo bit
I kinda liked the slasher element. It was sort of Deliverance meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back