What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

Snap. i wouldn't quite say shite (I've a fondness for that type of film) but it wasn't exactly mind-blowing either.
It did remind me why i never go to the cinema though, e9 for a bottle of water and some popcorn? Me bollix.
It's a collection of tired horror tropes, terrible dialogue and dodgy sets. The young wan was deadly in it though. She has a career ahead of her.

It's a collection of tired horror tropes, terrible dialogue and dodgy sets. The young wan was deadly in it though. She has a career ahead of her.

That's all I want out of a film.
The young young one? Her older sister was pretty good too I thought.
Oh, and what was in the tent near the end when Ed stuck his head in? I knew it was gonna get scary so closed my eyes.

That's all I want out of a film.
The young young one? Her older sister was pretty good too I thought.
Oh, and what was in the tent near the end when Ed stuck his head in? I knew it was gonna get scary so closed my eyes.
hahaha me too!

Yeah the main young wan. She was class. best thing in the film

I thought they recreated the era pretty well and the nun thing was pretty fucking scary.
I wonder how 'true' the whole thing was. Gonna do some reading on that now.
I thought the nun thing was lame. That's been done a million times before. Also thought the crooked man was a babadook rip off. The old dude was mildly terrifying.

Nuns are always good for a scare. What's the recent horror that had a ghoulish nun as the star feature, I have the image in my head but can't place the film, I was thinking Drag Me To Hell for some reason but it's not that.
Crooked Man was a bit shit alright, Bill Wilkins was best when expressed through the girl,when he actually appeared he wasn't that bad, just a bitter old cockney who should have been propping up a bar and passing lewd comments.

Anyway, seems the 'haunting' was a pile of shite, I should have known but I'm a sucker for a ghost story.

I was about to post a silly picture of Tommy Gunn's mullet, but the opening paragraph on the actor's wikipedia is too interesting and ultimately poignant.

"Tommy David Morrison (January 2, 1969 – September 1, 2013), nicknamed "The Duke", was an American professional boxer who held the WBO heavyweight title. He won 48 of 52 professional fights, and retired from boxing in 1996 when he tested positive for HIV. He appeared in the 1990 Sylvester Stallone boxing film Rocky V.

Morrison attempted a comeback in 2006, claiming he had tested negative for HIV.[1] In August 2013, Morrison's mother announced that her son was in the final stages of AIDS,[2] and he died on September 1, 2013."

Tales of Tales - Fantasy film inspired by the fairytales of Giambattista Basile. Gorgeous, funny, scary, sexy, gruesome, surreal. One of the best films of the year.
tale-of-tales-poster-120x160-bd.jpg
Saw this the other day, it were rubbish. It had nothing to say about anything, basically "here are some fairy tales that some lad wrote and we're doing to do nothing with them". Waste of a film. Looked lovely though.

Listen Up Philip. Viciously funny literary satire about an obnoxious up and coming writer brilliantly played by Jason Schwatrzman.
LISTEN-UP-PHILIP_Quad_Poster_UK_2015_v3_hi.jpg

Queen of Earth. Same director. This one is a Polanski-esque psychological thriller about a woman going mental at a lake. Creeped the hell out of me. Elizabeth Moss is phenomenal in this.
19786602348_6b361c50df_o.jpg

A Field In England

had this lined up since it was released but for some stupid reason I kept putting off watching it. Absolutely loved this. might watch it again tomorrow. That scene with yer man walking out of the tent, faaaack.

Just had a couple of sick days so I watched the following documentaries on Netflix:

The Resurrection of Jake the Snake - this was alright but nowhere near as good as the best wrestling documentaries such as Beyond the Mat.

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck – I enjoyed the gig footage and some of the animations. Could’ve done with being at least an hour shorter.

Team Foxcatcher – excellent alternative to the film with loads of home video footage and interviews with people who were there and involved including the family of Dave Schultz

Bitter Lake – this was great and I think it’s a must see just for how it looks. Would’ve loved to have seen it on the big screen.

Well, don't know what to make of this. It wasn't really what I was expecting. I enjoyed it but I think your man Winding Refn is a bit of a chancer. I also think he should work with co-writers because his dialogue is dreadful.
The-Neon-Demon-poster-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back