What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

i watched 'the hunger games'. now, i wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but it was disappointing. and since one of the main characters was called 'peeta', i couldn't get family guy out of my head every time his name was mentioned.

Birdman - thought Ed Norton was great. Really could have done without the flying. Long take stuff was way less impressive than I thought it would be. I liked the critic woman.

The whole thing is about Inarritu himself right?

Like how he's trying to make art in what's become a blockbuster medium?

The whole thing is about Inarritu himself right?

Like how he's trying to make art in what's become a blockbuster medium?

Yeah, I suppose so. And I suppose that the Keaton character shows that he has enough self-awareness to know that this is kind of ridiculous.

Great weekend for movies.

Friday night ...
The Interview ..enjoyable..well..the first 40 mins were great full of whip smart and funny dialogue..then it just descended into the usual comedy caper shit. 5/10
Gone Girl ...very enjoyable.Reminded me of those early 90's psycho lady movies.A few plot holes although nothing too aggravating.7/10

Saturday night...

As Above So Below..FUCKING AMAZING!..gonna go out on a limb and give it 8.5/10.Scared the fucking pants clean off me.Completely ridiculous but a total rollercoaster ride.PLAY LOUD!

The Babadook...almost FUCKING AMAZING! ...two of the greatest on screen performances I've seen in years.Still loved it silly though.
So stressed out watching it.Deadly.7.5/10

Really excited to see Birdman. I watched the Skeleton Twins, it was pretty nice! I really, really really fancy bill hader.

I saw Birdman. It’s grand, like, but it’s not the great masterpiece some people are hailing it as. I didn’t like the flights of fancy bits, the hysterical pitch and the non-existent plot. There was lots I liked too, namely the performances and the camera work but I don’t think I could ever sit through it again. I felt like I was being shouted at for two hours.

Saw Birdman and loved it, a really funny enjoyable film with great performances. Interesting soundtrack (just drums) which I didn't really get the point of, but found it intriguing.

I saw Birdman the other night in the cinema. It was great! Very funny, really rips the piss out of actors. Ed Nortons scenes are hilarious. Michael Keaton is great in it. It was like a window into the madness of the Theatre world. I loved the drums only soundtrack, it kept up a certain level of intensity, like a constantly boiling kettle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back