What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

watched Under The Skin again on Saturday. based on heavy rotation of the soundtrack I even went out and bought the DVD so I could watch the bonus features too. (and because I still occasionally like to by a DVD if the movie blows me away). Definitely my fave 2014 release. can see myself regarding it as an all time fave over the next few years. Love everything about it.

Hadn't seen Glazer's movie Birth before. starring Nicole Kidman. watched last night. really good. enjoyable watch

5130DR5KZZL.jpg

The Drop:

Enjoyed this. I didn't find it massively predictable. I know the monosyllabic guy was probably going to stay alive but i didn't think how.

Calvary:

I might watch it again. It seemed a bit disjointed or something.

Pirate Aiden Gillen distraction.

They should have multiple voice aiden gillens on the DVD for me.

Think i'm watching interstellar tonight.

I saw Birdman. I didn’t like the flights of fancy bits, the hysterical pitch and the non-existent plot... I felt like I was being shouted at for two hours.

Bum, I don't like the sound of that.

I even went out and bought the DVD...

*Raises eyebrow* hello hello. For the soundtrack eh? Nudge nudge.

Been clearing through a few recorded films the last couple of nights.

Skyfall. Hated this at the cinema. Feel asleep twice watching it at home and gave up and went to bed.

The Raid, first one. Close to being pure John Carpenter class, but it doesnt quite have enough tension. The fight with Mad Dog goes on too long, too kicky. Still a cracking film with a great soundtrack. Could do with some scarlett johansson.

Rushmore. So class. Between this and Tenenbaums for me.

Yeah, I think so. It occurred to me when watching it that if this was the surprise film at the DFF I would probably be raving about it. I was pretty hyped up to see it and it didn't really live up to my expectations. In contrast, I was similarly hyped up about Under The Skin, but it didn't suffer in the same way at all ...... I keep thinking about how I must watch it again.

I'm watching Phase IV. This is a real classic. I'm not sure how I haven't seen this before.

The Raid, first one. Close to being pure John Carpenter class, but it doesnt quite have enough tension. The fight with Mad Dog goes on too long, too kicky. Still a cracking film with a great soundtrack. Could do with some scarlett johansson.

The Raid 2 is amazing. The only way I can describe it is that it gave me the same rush of adrenaline as trying to fix a broken power switch on a synth, sitting in a hotel room in my shorts, in sweltering heat, two hours before a festival show in Berlin.

Last few evenings. Saw The Conversation, didn't really live up to expectations. Only Lovers Left Alive, had it's moments but far too chock full of dinner party trivia and pretension. Suppose I should expect a bit of that from Jarmusch but not one of his best for me. Frances Ha, this was probably the pick of the bunch; far more charming than I expected, possibly because that's not a word you'd usually associate with Baumbach. Imagine Girls without all the dickheadry and entitlement.

Didn't do any downloading myself lately so have yet to get around to Maps to the Stars @Bernie Lomax but it'll be done soon!

Last few evenings. Saw The Conversation, didn't really live up to expectations. Only Lovers Left Alive, had it's moments but far too chock full of dinner party trivia and pretension. Suppose I should expect a bit of that from Jarmusch not one of his best for me. Frances Ha, this was probably the pick of the bunch; far more charming than I expected, possibly because that's not a word you'd usually associate with Baumbach. Imagine Girls without all the dickheadry and entitlement.

Didn't do any downloading myself lately so have yet to get around to Maps to the Stars @Bernie Lomax but it'll be done soon!
Dude, I think we were talking about Enemy as well. Have you seen that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back