What movie did you watch last night? (42 Viewers)

Hugo.

I really enjoyed it.
Nice 3D for once.
Even Sasha Baron Cohen didn't piss me off too much (I was very surprised by that)
Isn't Uncle Monty great!
Chloe Whatever Whatever was good, but her bookishness and Enid Blyton let's go on an adventure air also had about 33% coquettishness that I found a bit of a pain.
The only other annoyance was the accents - 50% of the people decided that a bit of French was in order and the other 50% were stuck in St. Trinians.

martha marcy may marlene

One helluva a movie, unreal acting by Elizabeth Olsen..about a young woman who escapes a cult but can't escape its consequences. Really amazing film.

[video=youtube_share;0_k3wCsOgqk]http://youtu.be/0_k3wCsOgqk[/video]

Where'd you see it/ Acquire it?? Downloaded a version but it's only a workprint. Haven't watched it yet because it says that the sound effects and music are only temporary ones.

southofheaven.jpg

Much like an early Coen brothers film, only not as good. Also there is no Slayer used in this film.

Love Paris, Texas

Watched eXistenZ the night before last. Pretty muck, despite my raging horn for Jennifer Jason Leigh. It's easy to forget how inconsistent Cronenberg used to be.

Tried to watch Swingers last night as I'd never seen it. Didn't get very far, don't think it's for me. Maybe it's of it's time.

34ioflv-1.jpg

Andy Lau is a Hong Kong drug boss needing a kidney transplant and looking to retire, Daniel Wu is being groomed to replace him but is also an undercover cop. Within the bounds of expectation.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Gloomy but intriguing. I know nothing about the book, the BBC version or le Carre in general but I liked this. Everyone looked like they needed a poo all the time

1970lobbycard4.jpg

This is not good filmatism, but it is funny shit, highlight being badly dubbed Arnold fights a man in a bear suit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finally watched The Thing prequel.

The attention to detail to linking it with Carpenters film was impressive but utterly redundant.

A pointless film.

And don't get me started on the CGI carry on...

The-Grey1.jpg

This is a strange movie - it kinda goes from realistic gritty survival movie to straight to DVD
action trash (but not totally in a bad way). My expectations were lowered when I realised there wasn't going to
be any JCVD broken glass knucks wolf punching. Despite all this I still enjoyed it.

j-edgar.jpg

Excellent acting and the narrative was done really well but I couldn't help feel a little bored
throughout some of its 137 minutes. The mack up on Leo was great but that used on the elderly Clyde Tolson
is just dreadful. I joked about the reason I wanted to see this was to check out Leonardo in a dress,
suprisingly I was not dissapointed. One thing was strange - the whole McCarthyism/House UnAmerican Activities Committee was mentioned at all. Wasn't Hoover a huge part of this?

resurrect_dead_the_mystery_of_the_toynbee_tiles.jpg

A documentary that's as much about the Toynbee Tiles as it is about the people looking for their creator. I'd recommended it anyway.

Donnie Brasco. Well Pacino is coming to town. He's great in this, not too much shouting which is good (well bad from a comedy angle but how and ever). Had never seen it. Decent watch, true story, even Anne Heche didn't piss me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back