What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

I thought this would be naff but it turned out to be wonderful.

A big love note from Martin Scoresezz to the movies.

hugo-2011-movie-11.jpg

11 nominations, I'm hearing.

Daycint.

This is a great wee gem of a movie. Ben Mendelsohn as Pope Cody, brilliant.
* Animal Kingdom, that is, I was meant to quote from the previous page.

bbuddah-hoga-terra-baap-cinema-035.jpg

Amitabh Bachchan is a hit man back for one last job, dispensing beatings to anyone who calls him old along the way.

salman_khan_wanted.jpg

Salman Khan is a goonda, some plot happens involving some violence and love alternating as does happen in these things. The action bits are really good.

Both of the above have Prakash Raj as the goonda antagonist. He does a great bad guy, he's kind of like an Indian Ernest Borgnine. Also both have supertext during the songs telling you how you can get them as your ring tone.

MPW-59121

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Actually, fuck it, if I start counting the ways I'll be here all day. This is just straight up the best shit ever.

617_001.jpg

Don the Dragon Wilson is in Galway and accidentally buys a six pack of Beamish containing nuclear detonators belonging the IRA.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mrs. egg_, super-sound wife that she is, rented out Coco Before Chanel last night cos she knows I have the hots for Audrey Tatou. The film is surprisingly decent, and Audrey had my tongue hanging out. Looked up Coco Chanel on wikipedia after, and in real life it looks like she was a cast-iron asshole - exploitative employer, junkie, committed anti-Semite and Nazi spy :eek:

The_Grey_Poster_Liam_Neeson_Gets_Serious_1318990418.jpg

This is pretty good, but I'd probably have liked it more if they had left in the Liam Neeson goes Kickboxer on the wolves, or the bit where he phones them up and tells them about how he has a particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a long career of hunting wolves.

main_img.jpg

This is much like the Grey, except Liam Neeson plays the wolves and Pierce Brosnan plays Lam Neeson. Actually, it's probably more like a blend of Death Hunt (Ed Lauter is part of the hunting posse in both) and Dead Man (Michael Wincott is part of the hunting posse in both), one of your Westerns in Purgatory type of things.

three_musketeers_ver2.jpg

Remake of Dogtanian and the Muskehounds, but with people. Spike Milligan is also in this.

Also, useless fact I learned while looking for the above - Elvis and Ingrid Pitt did karate classes together.

AHHHH I'll just have to get The Grey director's cut on DVD then – harder wolf-punching edition.

I watched Haywire - surprisingly, it was actually dead good, and not even so much in a comedy way. The woman in it is dead good, and she is fairly hot too, good combination. Haha. The action is great - I think Ratmonkey was saying it doesn't do that fucking shite of shaking the camera all over the place so you can't actually see what's going on and that kind of shit. Instead you get proper fight scenes Jackie Chan sort of style. Well, more like Taken I suppose. Bill Paxton is disappointingly serious.
The best bit in the film is where
she beats the shite out of a couple of 'guards'
. I don't know why I didn't just start cheering in the middle of the cinema, hahaha. It's like the bit in The Warriors where
they push a cop down a flight of stairs and everyone starts cheering
hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back