What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

The Girl With The Dragon Blah Blah - bad,very bad. Mostly scenes of gratuitous horribleness interspersed with people looking at computer screens. And about one hour too long. And completely pointless. And easily the worst film Fincher has done. And annoying. And really boring. And bad, did I say bad already?

Benjamaine Button ?

I didn't think it was that bad actually, there is a gulf in class between Fincher and the material he's working with though. Fincher has the skill to do most things but making a prepsterously bad novel into anything other than a bad movie was is beyond even him. Still I turned my brain off and enjoyed looking at it.

Oh I havent seen Benjamin Button. I'll take your word for it on that.

The thing is though .... I didn't think Girl was all that visually interesting either ... Which I expected it to be.

Benjamaine Button ?

I didn't think it was that bad actually, there is a gulf in class between Fincher and the material he's working with though. Fincher has the skill to do most things but making a prepsterously bad novel into anything other than a bad movie was is beyond even him. Still I turned my brain off and enjoyed looking at it.

Fight Club isn't that good a book.

Different kind of book though. Actually I should have said that the writing in general isn't very good. The screenplay for Fight Club is pretty great in fairness, I think Chuck Palminuik said that the film was a lot beter than the book. The screenplay for GWTDT is pretty standard but you can tell that someone with a fair whack of skill is behind the camera.

That's probably just me though.

222s2.jpg

Fred the Hammer Williamson is running a vigilante gang. His buddy Robert Forster's wife confronts a bunch of creeps and punks (according to the Dirty Harry definition of punk). You may have an idea of how things go down. Possibly should be called Vigilantes plural as there are several. Great opening scene where Mr. Hammer has a monologue about how the world has gone to shit. A William Lustig film.

777900.jpg

In which Mr Hammer Williamson is up against the Mob and the System, and also directs. Also featuring such notable types as John Saxon, Ed Lauter, Richard Roundtree, Joe Spinell and D'Urville Martin. The kind of thing you'd enjoy while watching and probably have completely forgotten five minutes later.

Daughters+of+Satan.jpg

Tom Selleck finds a painting of witches being burned, one of whom is the head off his wife. Things proceed much as you'd expect.

I watched:

It was alright. Pretty standard, nothing new, but I do really really like both Felicity Jones (though her character was boring as fuck) and Jessica Brown Findlay... you know it was a decent movie, but not overly memorable.

11767905-albatross-movie-poster.jpg

Mark-of-the-Devil.jpg

Udo Kier as an apprentice witchfinder apprenticed to Herbert Lom, who turns out to be less concerned with actually finding witches than with being up to no good.

It's where the line at the start of this comes from:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also there's some bizarro shit like an eye gouging being represented by crayon drawn flashes and a bit where a prison henchman tries to make a marionette using a live rabbit.

This was horrible and I think stars George McFly.... (I'm running out of things to rent)

Kaboom-Affiche-France.jpg

I keep thinking I'm going to like films with Juno Temple in them, but I keep watching terrible films as a result. Saw this a few months back and though it was brutal.

red-hill-poster.jpg

Australian modern-day western with Vinny from Home and Away as a cop on his first day in a small town, also the day an escaped prisoner is heading back to said town for revenge on the cops who put him away, Goose from Mad Max being the chief. Also there is a panther. Very good.

thumb-kill-list-poster.jpg

Hitman kitchen sink horror, or something along those lines. Good but not all it's hyped up to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back