What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

inferno_postcard.jpg

Jesus.

_1300747931.jpg

Antonio Banderas as a hard boiled PI, various others as listed above plus Bill Duke and an albino midget featured jsut to work in a bad pun (casting purely to work in a bad pun is top quality casting in my book). Sam Elliott has a pretty terrible wig. Good work anyways.

Ghost-Rider-Spirit-Of-Vengeance-International-Movie-Poster1.jpg

On a scale of zero to Deadfall on the mega acting scale, this falls somewhere about Zandalee. Much better than the original (which in fairness, would not be hard), there has an Idris Elba doing a ridiculous French accent and a Christopher Lambert with his face painted like that dude in Kwaidan. There's some good nonsense in this, and it's not padded out with excessive exposition.

sw1thepm.jpg

The Phantom Menace in 3D

All of the flaws that were obvious the first time around were still there
Most obvious now is, despite the title, the total lack of menace.
Compare the mice robots in TPM to the Stormtoopers in 4 and 5
Compare all of the location in E4/E5 (Hoth, Tattoine, Space, Death Star) to Naboo

There is a huge amount of pointless talking and exposition
The mediclorians and all that shit compared to the speed and flow of action in E4

The 3D in the film is very restrained, I fact you could watch it pretty comfortability without the glasses

The most annoying thing is the stupid decision to re-release these in chronological order.
I remember seeing E5 in the cinema - "Luke, I am your father" nearly destroyed my tiny brain
By showing the films from E1 he is robbing children seeing the films for the first time of the central surprise of the 6 films.

Fuck George Lucas
If Stars Wars was his child social services would have taken it away from him years ago.
It seems every single decision he takes regarding them is wrong.

_1300747931.jpg

Antonio Banderas as a hard boiled PI, various others as listed above plus Bill Duke and an albino midget featured jsut to work in a bad pun (casting purely to work in a bad pun is top quality casting in my book). Sam Elliott has a pretty terrible wig. Good work anyways.

Sounds hilarious. Bill Duke rules.

I watched The Artist last night. It was great, but I have to say, I do disagree with that Vertigo soundtrack usage, didn't feel justified enough for me, although the role-reversal was nice. Anyway, minor aside - great film all round, and this woman is amazing

470_bejo_the_artist_111216.jpg

Martha Marcy May Marlene, really good. Real sense of foreboding throughout the whole things. John Hawkes is amazing as ever

I saw this this afternoon, i thought it was shite. acting was fine i suppose, the plot sucked, that cult place was totally unconvincing, the characters were all a bit cardboard and un-give-a-fuck-aboutable, the sister and her husband were a bit gammy, it went on for ages.

Good? Don't think I've seen that one.

Martha Marcy May Marlene, really good. Real sense of foreboding throughout the whole things. John Hawkes is amazing as ever

I thought it was awsome in that slightly hilarious, frantic Dario-Argento-Making-Ten-Films-In-One-Go kind of way!

I saw this this afternoon, i thought it was shite. acting was fine i suppose, the plot sucked, that cult place was totally unconvincing, the characters were all a bit cardboard and un-give-a-fuck-aboutable, the sister and her husband were a bit gammy, it went on for ages.

Wow okay. Have to disagree. The sister and husband were snobby but could've been way more over the top in lesser hands. Believable characters. And you could see why she distanced herself from them. I totally gave a shit about her, more and more as they drip-fed you her background. I guess certain characters could've been more fleshed out but that wasn't what the movie was about. It was more about mood and atmosphere. The cult scenes were flashbacks. Things are hinted at. If you wanted to do a full exposition on how everyone ended up there it would've been a completely different film. And longer still.

Yeah, she had the difficult background I suppose, but when she went into the cult place she was still clearly a smart, copped on looking person and the lads in the cult were clearly loser morons at best, most of them were assholes and creepy and they sat around playing songs to each other. I couldn't accept her not leaving the kip as soon as she could. The sister and husband were decent enough in that they put up with her weird behaviour and were clearly concerned for her wellbeing so i didnt see any convincing reason for her to leave them for the cult, of all the places she might have gone.

here, what happened at the end? I took it thatthe other car thas the lads from the cult come to get her? the person i was with didn't pick up that at all so i'm not sure

They eventually finished that trilogy (albeit weakly) in 2007 with Mother of Tears.

Mmm so I've heard. Is Asia Argento in that one? I haven't actually seen Suspiria yet, I was under the impression Inferno was the first.

What is your definition a convincing cult place?..is there something you would like to share with us Shaney!?

Did you not think that the cult leader lent a twisted charisma..he was very adept and intuitive..he knew exactly how to get into Marcy's head. She carried the film throughout with sublime acting told in flashback to the final denouement of her all out mental breakdown. It was a bit slow but it was never boring.

No, I thought the cult leader was a knobend and I could't see how anyone could be expected to fall for his tricks. he was hideously ugly, acted like a cunt 24-7 by the looks of it and had a generally repulsive vibe about him. There's just no plausible someone like him could even get all the way through a meal on a first date without the lady sneaking away not to mind build and sustain a cult like that. Totally one dimensional.

I love the word
denouement

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back