What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

I watched Chronicle last night. I wasn't expecting much but it was really shit. It's a 'found footage' film (ala Cloverfield) although they cheat towards the end. Wouldn't mind if I never saw another one of those. Similar plotline to Akira, but in a broad brush strokes good vs evil Hollywood kind of way. Straight to video.

The clips looked kinda cool, will give it a miss now.

No other film has annoyed me more then that one, firstly as a rationale human being with fully working mind I can tell the difference between film violence and real violence so by all the sly winking usery and breaking of the forth wall implicating me in watching the violence and asking me how I can keep watching, well it's a film, I know the violence in it isn't real.

As for the opinions that the the film is based in hyper realism that gives the violence even more of an impact well I think the remote control scene removes any verite feel and grounds the fact that this is a film and not real

I really like Michael Pitt but he's been in two of my least favourite films ever Funny Games and Last Days.

"..this is a film and not real"

Exactly, and that is what Haneke wanted us to contemplate ie. our fascination with watching violence on screen.

The-Woman-in-Black-movie-poster-%282012%29-picture-MP_f9f4ef3c_b.jpg

First off I would just like to thank the audience for not shrieking during every scary bit like they did in Paranormal activity and toitally ruin the movie for me..

I was kinda hyped for this as the original was one of my faves and I was interesting in what James Watkins (Eden LAke) might do with it.

I wasn't dissapointed - ok I'm not too sure about the ending and it wasn't as subtle but overall I think it was a great film. I liked Ciarán Hinds (as always) and what he added to the original. The dog actors were likable too.

Daniel Radcliffe was alittle wooden but not too much to dislike. The locations and sets were amazing.

I think I'm kinda glad it wasn't filled with CGI.

At the end of the day it was a good old fashioned horror film.

Saw about 15 minutes of The Good German last night, only time I'd seen it before was when I was in LA a nd Soderburgh did a Q&A after it to a bunch of snivelling sycophants. Cant' remember if I liked the fact that despite it visually looking like a 40's film they didn't stick to the Hayes code or not. Couldn't be bothered to watch it in full to remind myself.

The remake seems pointless see the original.
Just because you are a rational human being doesn't make the point any less relevant, so what if you know a film isn't real you are still watching violence as a form of entertainment. Whether it's real or not makes little difference.

I liked Funny Games, never saw the remake though.

Yes but the remake is on netflix and has Naomi Watts in it...

Rampart with Woody Harrelson

Rampart%2BUK%2Bposter.jpg

You've kinda seen this cop in a downward spiral thing before, but there's strong stuff from Harrelson here and the thing is just fucking beautiful to watch.
I actually hung around for the credits to see who the cinematographer was.
I love those LA movies where you know just by the tones on the screen that it is LA.

No real plot though, just a meandering cycle of self-destruction. Which is fine.

You've kinda seen this cop in a downward spiral thing before, but there's strong stuff from Harrelson here and the thing is just fucking beautiful to watch.
I love those LA movies where you know just by the tones on the screen that it is LA.

No real plot though, just a meandering cycle of self-destruction. Which is fine.
scripted by James Ellroy who is a master at this stuff

saw this last night at the lighthouse cinema.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thought it was great. moving and really struck a chord with me. so little dialogue and really it was perfect. short Q&A with Pat Collins afterwards too. nice chap.

Nuff said. Still the main bad guy in the original is so utterly creepy I'd find it hard to imagine anyone else doing his role justice.

A lot of people prefer the remake and prefer the acting too.

I got this comment from Youtube

If anybody hasn't watched either, watch the American one. The same director did both, and the American one is definitely just better, despite your shitty hipster instincts that the foreign original might be better. We all have them, but in this case we must ignore them. The kids look way creepier and are just plain better actors.

Volcanic9

yeah this was quite good. similar in tone and look to the tv show The Shield which is by no means a bad thing

Yes I base all my decisions on youtube comments.

Neither do I but this guy has seen both versions and evidently prefers the remake. I haven't seen the original and you haven't seen the remake so I suppose we can't really make an informed judgement as to which one is superior. All I know is that I enjoyed the film and thought it was very well acted particularly by Michael Pitt.

As someone who has seen both, loves Haneke's work and is infallible let me help you guys put this to rest. The American remake was an absolutely pointless exercise. Every aspect of the original is miles better.

Back from seeing The Muppets for the second time in the cinema. I aint done that since Total Recall in 1990.

The-Muppets-movie-poster.jpg

I'd be totally down with an Amy Adams/ Jenna Fischer sammich

The-Woman-in-Black-movie-poster-(2012)-picture-MP_f9f4ef3c_b.jpg

First off I would just like to thank the audience for not shrieking during every scary bit like they did in Paranormal activity and toitally ruin the movie for me..

I was kinda hyped for this as the original was one of my faves and I was interesting in what James Watkins (Eden LAke) might do with it.

I wasn't dissapointed - ok I'm not too sure about the ending and it wasn't as subtle but overall I think it was a great film. I liked Ciarán Hinds (as always) and what he added to the original. The dog actors were likable too.

Daniel Radcliffe was alittle wooden but not too much to dislike. The locations and sets were amazing.

I think I'm kinda glad it wasn't filled with CGI.

At the end of the day it was a good old fashioned horror film.

Just got back from this,pretty much as you described,good watching but the ending was a bit up in the air,still,worth a look.
I must watch the original now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back