what ever happened to freesheets? (1 Viewer)

i was gonna be doing one not that long ago when i discovered a broken photocopier in a college giving me free copies, got content together, some contributions n shit, n then they fixed the copier n im broke.
still plan on getting my shit together and doing one soon though.

id be interested to hear about what other freesheets theres been round before though? i only know of about 5 or 6

I've done a couple (Hangover Times, Pseudozine and Noiseletters). Mostly for Galway gigs but a few have made their way around the country....I'm planning a new one called 'Satanic Device'. Did I come up with that myself or subliminally rob it off someone?

They're a lot easier to do than zines.....

What with bands not returning interviews and holding up the show...Eoddy...cough....

Just as more of a technical/factual point than a political one, Workers Solidarity by the WSM is technically a freesheet and they do a run of about 10,000 every two months AFAIK. I'm sure that's nothing compared to the Metro or Herald AM though. :)

Just as more of a technical/factual point than a political one, Workers Solidarity by the WSM is technically a freesheet and they do a run of about 10,000 every two months AFAIK. I'm sure that's nothing compared to the Metro or Herald AM though. :)

i thought it was more of a comic (well i always get a good laugh reading it!)

Um, but its not really along the lines of what byrneos is looking for. Still though, delivered door to door and with a smart design - its quite a gem. Punx should start doing door to door distro for their zines.

Um, but its not really along the lines of what byrneos is looking for. Still though, delivered door to door and with a smart design - its quite a gem. Punx should start doing door to door distro for their zines.

which reminds me: Whoever it is whose been sticking it in under me and Una's door for the past two years, thanks.It makes excellent toilet paper.

Yeah, it's all about being as sporadic and inconsistent as possible. :)

There was a really nice freesheet about two years ago that was basically a minor scene report on copenhagen using a lot of the artwork from bite the hand, I think Cormy might have even been involved with that. (?) Something simple and that makes sense from a punk/scene perspective.

wsm freesheet>shitty punk zines.
also lolz @ everyone who can't get their writing in some sort of proper publication with decent distribution and are content with moaning about the price of tofu and other gay shit to their ten mates

these so-called 'zinesters' have a lot to learn from the likes of roisin ingle, gary bushell, or that woman in the dubliner who'd rather have cervical cancer than let a big black doctor called moses examine her private area. imagine the loss to the public if these giants of journalism were confined to low-profile, low-circulation publications.

these so-called 'zinesters' have a lot to learn from the likes of roisin ingle, gary bushell, or that woman in the dubliner who'd rather have cervical cancer than let a big black doctor called moses examine her private area. imagine the loss to the public if these giants of journalism were confined to low-profile, low-circulation publications.
roisin ingle...giant journalist,exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back