what ever happened to freesheets? (1 Viewer)

she writes some good stuff, i'm always interested to hear about her christmas shopping philosophies and stupid marriage that broke up about two decades ago.

Rosín Ingle's Saturday morning spot on Newstalk is a real treat.

She's like your one out of Sex and the City, drowning in her own self-importance.
Except she doesn't have sex.
Just as ugly though.

I'd ride her though, she seems the type who'd bring you out for dinner and buy you pints because you pretend to be interested in her.

which reminds me: Whoever it is whose been sticking it in under me and Una's door for the past two years, thanks.It makes excellent toilet paper.

Um, its glossy as hell. I'll leave you some double ply with the next issue.

so you killed them with thumped!

thumb-Accomplished.jpg

or alternatively, just don't put them in our letterbox, which would be the more effective solution as they go straight in the recycling anyway.

I'm not the person distroing in your area dude. I'm on the other side of the city.

Before I said anything I should have checked, is the Workers Solidarity recycable? THe issues I have don't seem to be..

Its not meant for recycling :D

My green bin takes glossy paper though, dunno about yours.

You can recycle all packaging cardboard and paper, cereal and washing powder boxes, newspaper and magazines (including glossy paper), junk mail, office paper and envelopes (including those with plastic windows).

Hmm.. We have opti bag things. We're warned not to throw glossy mags into them. The huge recycling place near me can take them on prob but its a bitta hassle and I don't throw out many mags at all anyway

wsm freesheet>shitty punk zines.
also lolz @ everyone who can't get their writing in some sort of proper publication with decent distribution and are content with moaning about the price of tofu and other gay shit to their ten mates

or you could take the well rounded perspective and realise that both have their place, for example David Ensminger who has written three pieces (and another in the next issue) for The Devil on 45 has also written for the New York times and the Chicago Sun-Times, why does he continue to write for zines? Well because alot of stuff both himself and myself want to write about is of interest to only a very small number of people, both fully aware that it won't get us a weekly column in NME. 'Decent Distribution' is hard to get when you refuse to put advertisements in your zine and also don't have a barcode, mainstream distributors won't carry the zine and neither will alot of bigger punk distros cause the zine isn't 'punk'. So what I'm left with is contacting independent bookshops all around europe and the states and relying on them being sound.

Myspace bulletins have made most peoples zines redundant. Fact.

or you could take the well rounded perspective and realise that both have their place, for example David Ensminger who has written three pieces (and another in the next issue) for The Devil on 45 has also written for the New York times and the Chicago Sun-Times, why does he continue to write for zines? Well because alot of stuff both himself and myself want to write about is of interest to only a very small number of people, both fully aware that it won't get us a weekly column in NME. 'Decent Distribution' is hard to get when you refuse to put advertisements in your zine and also don't have a barcode, mainstream distributors won't carry the zine and neither will alot of bigger punk distros cause the zine isn't 'punk'. So what I'm left with is contacting independent bookshops all around europe and the states and relying on them being sound.
jesus ed,i think you know me well enough to realise i wasn't entirely serious there
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back