What does your Thumped name mean - or does it mean anything? (3 Viewers)

Brian Conniffe said:
my surname is a mis-spelling. my grandfather's doctor at the time he was born who signed his birth certificate had appaling handwriting, and so the "u" in his surname became an "o" and he got an extra "f" and an "e". and so the name was changed forever.

Same here! My grandad was going through immigration and they changed the o to an a, thus making my surname more unusual. My grandad was too lazy to get it changed back.

spiritualtramp said:
Same here! My grandad was going through immigration and they changed the o to an a, thus making my surname more unusual. My grandad was too lazy to get it changed back.

spiritual tromp doesn't have the same ring

broken arm said:
in the face or in the washing machine with my jeans?
Matthew 16: 13-19

13 And Jesus came into the region of Cesarea Philippi: and he asked his disciples: who do people say that the Son of man is?
14 But they said: Some John the Baptist, some Elias, and others Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 Jesus said to them: But who do you say I am?
16 Simon Peter answered and said: You are Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed are you, Simon son of Jona, because flesh and blood have not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
18 And I say to you: That you are Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
see?

spiritualtramp said:

I'm convinced that's how my surname came into being too. Someone, somewhere, must've written a U with a sloppy hand, joining the top bits and making it look like an A.

God, this IS interesting.

jane said:
Mine comes from Hebrew and means 'God's gracious gift'.
the fact that I had a little plaque that said exactly the same thing worries me: My name is Ian. I suppose it all comes down the same John-Sean-Ivan-Ian route tho....

Mine is an Elliott Smith song that absolutely rocks yet is completely desperate (not shit, but actually desperate) at the same time.

I just have no imagination... My avatar is from this game:

maniac.gif

Its great!

Igor said:
many peoples here have ambiguous names which i can't figure out how to pronounce: until i knew hhis actual name I thought unclealo was pronounced like unclean...for example...

doh! me too! me so stupido!
!ninjaaaa
thumpedyslexia!

spectraljanitor said:
oh yeah. its from 'naked lunch' by william s. burroughs.

my fave thumped moniker is loner deluxe

i heard that loner deluxe is just yer fake a/c for promoting gigs you're playing or something

man the shit people say!!!

andrew

my second name is 'Kill' so i always had 'kill music' and 'kill whatever' on various schoolbags etc growing up, and when 'cassette tape's are killing music' i used it as a slogan for me.
does that make sense? my english is crap today, jetlag, sorry.

EDIT: to the people who negatively repped me cos i said 'second name' and not 'surname': go fuck yourself.

my friend chris gave it to me a few years ago when i did some guest vocaling on a dodgy album that i didn't want to put my own name on. but in the end i thought sadie outlaw was too cool for that so i put my real name on it and kept sadie as my cooler evil twin name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back