What does your Thumped name mean - or does it mean anything? (1 Viewer)

'sleur' is dutch for 'rut'

but it came from splicing pimsleur. thought it looked good at the time.

In Roman Mythology, an entrance to the underworld is located at Avernus (Lago d'Averno), and I was born by the lake. actually no, but I found it fascinating and cool when I studied Latin poetry etc.

benefits of a classical education.

TheDonnasTurn21 is the third, I think, album by The Donnas, a US all female pop punk group. It's not a very good album, but was the one I was listening to when choosing my name. It was either that or The1980MoscowOlympics, and sense prevailed, if not very well.

he he, that's exactly where i got it from. think there's a biscuit company called pimsleur too.

avernus said:
In Roman Mythology, an entrance to the underworld is located at Avernus (Lago d'Averno), and I was born by the lake. actually no, but I found it fascinating and cool when I studied Latin poetry etc.

benefits of a classical education.

Hey I was there once, it's a sulphur spring and the eyeties rub the water on their face to clear up their spots. There's a sign about Dante there and all.

aoifed said:
In ancient times in New York, to Aoife someone meant to cast a spell that instilled one with great beauty, wit and charm. I got Aoifed, obviously.

I thought the d was your average grade in skool. and the brain thing was a laff

aoifed said:
In ancient times in New York, to Aoife someone meant to cast a spell that instilled one with great beauty, wit and charm. I got Aoifed, obviously.

when i was in fifth class we were doing Strongbow and Aoife in history and i had to read out some stuff from our history book infront of everyone. when it got to the name Aoife i'd never seen it before, so i said "Strongbow and Oaf-ee"..
everyone pissed themselves laughing and Oafee was my nickname for the rest of the year

sleur said:
he he, that's exactly where i got it from. think there's a biscuit company called pimsleur too.
hmm.. foreign language biscuits. now there's a good idea! one could create a system where they can pick a random biscuit which could be some verb or whatever. then you bite off the verb stem and conjugate it with a bite off another biscuit and shit, the goal eventually being to create whole sentences, while all the time eating yummy biscuits!

:rolleyes:

plug said:
hmm.. foreign language biscuits. now there's a good idea! one could create a system where they can pick a random biscuit which could be some verb or whatever. then you bite off the verb stem and conjugate it with a bite off another biscuit and shit, the goal eventually being to create whole sentences, while all the time eating yummy biscuits!

tough day of work?

plug said:

ah the cycle of life... when drinking games are abandoned for biscuit games:p

interesting idea but you know you'll always get one bastard who rushes to eat all the (in)definite article biscuits thereby ruining educational & nourishing fun for everyone else.

Spinal Tap.

When they receive copies of Smell The Glove

Nigel Tuffnel: How much more black could you get? <pause>

Well the answer would be..none more..<pause> none more...black.

god bless.

george mcfly said:
when i was in fifth class we were doing Strongbow and Aoife in history and i had to read out some stuff from our history book infront of everyone. when it got to the name Aoife i'd never seen it before, so i said "Strongbow and Oaf-ee"..
everyone pissed themselves laughing and Oafee was my nickname for the rest of the year

I know an Aoife who, when working in London, was frequently addressed as Woffee.
She's now Woffs at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back