What does your Thumped name mean - or does it mean anything? (3 Viewers)

chutneyfarmer said:
I got mine from some cheapo free music software. It had a sample of some guy shouting "chutneyfarmer" and so i was born.

Ones i've been wondering about for a while, that haven't been answered already, are...

Avernus
Super Dexta
Wavioli
Unclealo

Its an old nick name, but as if jonothan woss was saying it.

Kinda sounds like my reall name if you add a y to the end of each name...

When I started my new job I wanted a Thumped name that didn't resemble my real name, in case the management cottoned on to how much time I spend dossing. As I have absolutely no imagination, the names I came up with were - Jane, Kirstie, Vinnie, FancyGoods, Pete or Tom. So I went with FaultyGoods. I now find that I am confusing myself and everyone else though. I would very much like to change my name to Johnny Honour though. I spoke to someone on the phone with that name recently and I imagined myself talking to a 1960s cartoon war hero. Coolest name ever and if the boys on this board have girls' names....

Unless anyone can suggest a better name.

FaultyGoods said:
When I started my new job I wanted a Thumped name that didn't resemble my real name

good move on the avatar, ms. spring ;)

good grief! it's thundering and raining like there's no tomorrow...

Super Dexta said:
good move on the avatar, ms. spring ;)

good grief! it's thundering and raining like there's no tomorrow...

I love my avatar too much to change it. Finding my avatar was one of those Homer Simpson/Mr. Sparkle moments. Besides, I have since found out that no-one where I work gives a rats ass what I do on the internet, especially now that I've perfected my "busy and stressed by my workload" face.

Unclealo said:
"Sure he has a great job in London altogether and ten men under him!"

spotted that right away and extended much respect.

"him with his boney arse clicking and me with the tears running down my face".

something like that. i cried the first time i read those lines.:(

plug - nickname. 1991 to present. it's shorter and more phonetically accurate that my real name, and as an added bonus I've been known to react to it quicker than my real name when called from afar.

lorcanzo said:
Lorcan Zo was my first boss at the factory.

He treated me like a man, with respect,honour and authority.
He was never rough, but always strong.

Eventually he would become my lover.

is this where you worked honey?

panopticon.jpg

As my name is William, people always come up with variations on it (Wilma, Wilhelm, Billy, Wilhemina etc). At some point almost every friend I have (both of them :( ) has said "Hello, Wilbert" to me, without prompting.

So thats the reason.

I was musing on the magic of 'chicken and ham' and also places like Twickenham. Absolutely pointless - I've always regretted it but I try to bear my burden with dignity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back