What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 11
Bad Boat - Rockin' as fuck.
Grey Daturas - Dense as fuck.
And So I Watched You From Afar - Good and heavy. Played for far too long though.
Crippled Black Phoenix - Outstanding.

Bats are the motherfucking bomb!!! You don't even KNOW!!!

Jesus.Thats pretty harsh.

Bats are fuckin ace.
Any time Iv seen them theyve rocked the face off me.
Like them or not they're damn fucking good at what they do,"unbelievably shit" is competely unwarranted
.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..| for bats

!bog for you

word mofos!

went to a Warp Films night.
few wee previews and stuff.

got DJ sets from Broadcast, Jarvis Cocker & Luke Vibert.
was standing beside Jarvis for all of 3 minutes at the bar. he oozes coolness.

i think heard the bouncer saying it was 10.30 last thursday night.

I was a bit harsh on Bats, but i don't think they care or should care about my opinion

raging conflict- good, filthy guitar tone, other than that, shite.
faith- boring, uninspired, tedious ect,ect...
stand-up guy- absolutily immense. awesome set. to short though
mael mordha- deadly, very lively.

saturday - Archie Bronson Outfit. A little disappointing, but parts were excellent.

sunday - Kevin Drew. This gig was everything that is bad about this country. It was going grand, he was making the odd fuck-up, but nothing too calamitous. Then he got all grumpy as fuck and obviously thought he was losing the crowd and tried too damn hard to impress. He did this by playing a U2 cover. Fuck that. And the worse the gig got, the more the crowd seemed to love it. It left a very bad taste in the mouth. The American Analog set bit was really good though.

sunday - Kevin Drew. This gig was everything that is bad about this country. It was going grand, he was making the odd fuck-up, but nothing too calamitous. Then he got all grumpy as fuck and obviously thought he was losing the crowd and tried too damn hard to impress. He did this by playing a U2 cover. Fuck that. And the worse the gig got, the more the crowd seemed to love it. It left a very bad taste in the mouth. The American Analog set bit was really good though.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. I thought they were superb. And the U2 cover was just a bit of fun, which is what BSS are all about. Best live band in the world imo.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. I thought they were superb. And the U2 cover was just a bit of fun, which is what BSS are all about. Best live band in the world imo.

Yeah I enjoyed it more as it went on, partly because I think Kevin and Brendan were really endearingly earnest and likable and obviously trying to have fun they made me lighten up and partly because they were dipping into the BSS back catalog more and more as it went on and I think that material is stronger than Spirit If. And as cheesy as it was the U2 cover was a bit of fun.

Yeah I enjoyed it more as it went on, partly because I think Kevin and Brendan were really endearingly earnest and likable and obviously trying to have fun they made me lighten up and partly because they were dipping into the BSS back catalog more and more as it went on and I think that material is stronger than Spirit If. And as cheesy as it was the U2 cover was a bit of fun.

I agree with most of that. I really like Kevin Drew and I always thought Brendan Canning was the heartbeat of BSS. But it seemed to me that dipping into the back catalog was moreso because of desperation than anything else. He kept referring to being on an 'upward slope', as if he felt he needed to apologise. The new songs came across really well I thought. The problems with the sound seemed to change his whole attitude. He snapped at the sound man on stage, and then at the bass player (Sam somebody). After that he said that he felt like just playing old songs now. I'm not sure he'd have done that otherwise.

I was at 2 BSS gigs last year and they really do play up the whole Irish thing. I guess it was as he said, he put himself under too much pressure to impress last night. But, he was impressing just fine. And then I felt it went a little pear-shaped.

I take the point about the U2 thing being nothing more than an attempt at fun. I guess my sense of fun is a little different to everyone elses'. Like that time Belle and Sebastian played 'whiskey in the jar'. I dunno, I guess its just me so.

skit the bed- very bassy/messy sound. hard to hear the riffs with all the feedback.
divisions ruin-awesome.|..|.|..|
tunguska-even better.|..|.|..|.|..|

missed captin spauling and born/dead due to talking to people outside, then leaving for work.

not a band but i saw drum and bass legend digital dj tonight and he was totally fucking incredible. the first time i've danced my arse off in at least four years. sad but true. he is the dubmaster. he plays dubwise selection without objection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back