What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 11

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Bit like the what movie thread.

Anyways, i was in the roisin in glaway last night to see Ghostwood Project and Neosupervital. Ghostwood were deadly as ever, gigantic riffs and thundering basslines and all that. Was expecting big things from Neosupervital, but was hugely let down. Found him boring and repetitive. Like a very poor man's Betamax Format. The dancer was kinda cool but at the end of the day, shitty 80s synth pop should be left in the 80s.

ETA: Oh yeah, best heckle ever - "fuck off back to dublin". Hahah, deadly budh.

i havent heard neosupervital, and it could well be wonderful for all i know.

but...

shitty 80s synth pop should be left in the 80s.

...A-fuckin-MEN to that. 99% of that was bad enough first time round. this whole "electroclash" 80s revival has (all my own opinionions of course) been responsible for some of the most lazy, impotent and desperately derivative muzak of recent years. if you want to hear that kind on thing done well, you only need coh's "fffetish" and tg's "hot on the heels of love".

i havent heard neosupervital, and it could well be wonderful for all i know.

but...

...A-fuckin-MEN to that. 99% of that was bad enough first time round. this whole "electroclash" 80s revival has (all my own opinionions of course) been responsible for some of the most lazy, impotent and desperately derivative muzak of recent years. if you want to hear that kind on thing done well, you only need coh's "fffetish" and tg's "hot on the heels of love".

Maybe you're right but...... DMX Krew is pretty good.

Maybe you're right but...... DMX Krew is pretty good.

aye. i still stand by the belief that - with searching - there is wonderful stuff to be found in every type / "genre" of music. i do think the current 80s synth revival is (with only a very small number of notable exceptions) a limp regurgitation of the worst aspects of that type of 80s pop. it also appears to have a preoccupation with image / style that i find extremely irritating.

Captain Insano

I'll eat your face

Scenes

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

metalist08.jpg

That you on the left, Kingers?

Baaanger of a night. I'll Eat Your Face were superb, it must be tough trying to live up to a name that good.

Captain Insano

I'll eat your face

Scenes

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
who are scenes? capt insano + i'll eat your face for me 2 nights ago. although i missed face eaters and had to leave for last bus home after about 10 mins of insano. barry's an amazing stick wielder though

But it did lead to some great stuff from Terence Fixmer, Vitalic, Adult, Motor , Kitbuilders etc getting to much wider audiences.

who are scenes? capt insano + i'll eat your face for me 2 nights ago. although i missed face eaters and had to leave for last bus home after about 10 mins of insano. barry's an amazing stick wielder though

Scenes are guys from Tralee/Killarney,

http://www.myspace.com/scenespage

They are playin Cypress Ave next month with 19.10 and the Jung Turks if yr in that neck of da woods

***king Dumb

Scenes are guys from Tralee/Killarney,

http://www.myspace.com/scenespage

They are playin Cypress Ave next month with 19.10 and the Jung Turks if yr in that neck of da woods

***king Dumb
chairs. yeah, i'll probably be at that alright.

But it did lead to some great stuff from Terence Fixmer, Vitalic, Adult, Motor , Kitbuilders etc getting to much wider audiences.
what was that adult. album from last year like? don't really remember hearing much about it at the time. i was gonna agree with brian there but adult are pretty cool. haven't heard anything by the rest though. any specific recommendations?

I was at the Bloodhound Gang last night. i wanted to see magic skool bus but missed them. Bloodhound gang were deadly but the sound wasn't overly great. Lots of pissing and pukeing antics. A very entertaining night was had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back