What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

RSJ

Threads
Website
www.gravelbox.net
Bit like the what movie thread.

Anyways, i was in the roisin in glaway last night to see Ghostwood Project and Neosupervital. Ghostwood were deadly as ever, gigantic riffs and thundering basslines and all that. Was expecting big things from Neosupervital, but was hugely let down. Found him boring and repetitive. Like a very poor man's Betamax Format. The dancer was kinda cool but at the end of the day, shitty 80s synth pop should be left in the 80s.

ETA: Oh yeah, best heckle ever - "fuck off back to dublin". Hahah, deadly budh.

nEiLo

Threads
Website
www.lazybird.org
oh yeah... didn't see a band, but listened to the Kinks with me dad - The Village Green Preservation Society. Amazing.

BC

Threads
Website
brianconniffe.blogspot.com
i havent heard neosupervital, and it could well be wonderful for all i know.

but...

shitty 80s synth pop should be left in the 80s.
...A-fuckin-MEN to that. 99% of that was bad enough first time round. this whole "electroclash" 80s revival has (all my own opinionions of course) been responsible for some of the most lazy, impotent and desperately derivative muzak of recent years. if you want to hear that kind on thing done well, you only need coh's "fffetish" and tg's "hot on the heels of love".

Wobbler

Threads
Website
www.discogs.com
i havent heard neosupervital, and it could well be wonderful for all i know.

but...

...A-fuckin-MEN to that. 99% of that was bad enough first time round. this whole "electroclash" 80s revival has (all my own opinionions of course) been responsible for some of the most lazy, impotent and desperately derivative muzak of recent years. if you want to hear that kind on thing done well, you only need coh's "fffetish" and tg's "hot on the heels of love".
Maybe you're right but...... DMX Krew is pretty good.

BC

Threads
Website
brianconniffe.blogspot.com
Maybe you're right but...... DMX Krew is pretty good.
aye. i still stand by the belief that - with searching - there is wonderful stuff to be found in every type / "genre" of music. i do think the current 80s synth revival is (with only a very small number of notable exceptions) a limp regurgitation of the worst aspects of that type of 80s pop. it also appears to have a preoccupation with image / style that i find extremely irritating.

johan doobay

Threads
Captain Insano

I'll eat your face

Scenes

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

That you on the left, Kingers?

Baaanger of a night. I'll Eat Your Face were superb, it must be tough trying to live up to a name that good.

ddmurph

Threads
Captain Insano

I'll eat your face

Scenes

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
who are scenes? capt insano + i'll eat your face for me 2 nights ago. although i missed face eaters and had to leave for last bus home after about 10 mins of insano. barry's an amazing stick wielder though

aoboa

Threads
But it did lead to some great stuff from Terence Fixmer, Vitalic, Adult, Motor , Kitbuilders etc getting to much wider audiences.

kiNg duMb

Threads
Website
flickr.com
who are scenes? capt insano + i'll eat your face for me 2 nights ago. although i missed face eaters and had to leave for last bus home after about 10 mins of insano. barry's an amazing stick wielder though
Scenes are guys from Tralee/Killarney,

http://www.myspace.com/scenespage

They are playin Cypress Ave next month with 19.10 and the Jung Turks if yr in that neck of da woods

***king Dumb

ddmurph

Threads
Scenes are guys from Tralee/Killarney,

http://www.myspace.com/scenespage

They are playin Cypress Ave next month with 19.10 and the Jung Turks if yr in that neck of da woods

***king Dumb
chairs. yeah, i'll probably be at that alright.

But it did lead to some great stuff from Terence Fixmer, Vitalic, Adult, Motor , Kitbuilders etc getting to much wider audiences.
what was that adult. album from last year like? don't really remember hearing much about it at the time. i was gonna agree with brian there but adult are pretty cool. haven't heard anything by the rest though. any specific recommendations?

HMD

Threads
Website
www.rockjihad.com
I was at the Bloodhound Gang last night. i wanted to see magic skool bus but missed them. Bloodhound gang were deadly but the sound wasn't overly great. Lots of pissing and pukeing antics. A very entertaining night was had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads