What band did you see last night? (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 11
Last thursday in limerick - we should be dead, retro rock shite. Not good. Ringers - almost clash covers at times, but good clash - amazing band but poor sound unfortunately.

then we saw the police, but not the message in a bottle gang - it was the other crowd. lim-rock my hole:p

Just came back from Bats and Rest -

Bats are the most exciting band I've seen in a long time - fuckin' amazin' show - I embarassed meself by telling the singer (screamer) that they were as tight as the Magic Band at ATP 2003....

....but THEY WERE...

Go and see these guys - they're fucking deadly

Fast and bulbous. the mascara snake said

BATS are oN FIRE

oh jaysus!how did that go down with the crowd?i felt like shooting myself at times during our gig tonight, thankfully i'd left my shotgun in the car for a change!

really missed the misfits!damns

oh jaysus!how did that go down with the crowd?i felt like shooting myself at times during our gig tonight, thankfully i'd left my shotgun in the car for a change!

really missed the misfits!damns

the crowd weren't too happy. When the gig ended a cd came on and Gerry was down the front of the stage signing and being all rockstar like, t'was very funny.

Where were you playing?

Just came back from Bats and Rest -

Bats are the most exciting band I've seen in a long time - fuckin' amazin' show - I embarassed meself by telling the singer (screamer) that they were as tight as the Magic Band at ATP 2003....

....but THEY WERE...

Go and see these guys - they're fucking deadly

Fast and bulbous. the mascara snake said

BATS are oN FIRE

Seconded. Bats are the tits.

just back from:
vimanas. fucking awesome.|..|.|..|
sylvian. messy, but good.
amusi. interesting, if very short set.

Went to see The Police last night. My lovely sister bought me a ticket for my birthday. 'So Lonely' was the first single I ever bought and I've always liked them (singles, not so much albums).

They were okay, I guess. I think it would be hard for any band to impress me in a venue as big as Croke Park. Sound was awful too.

They had a few decent moments but for a band who wrote some great, short and catchy tunes they weren't afraid of a bit of jazz-wank!

Sadly.

Seen Bats a few weeks ago, they were quite boring. Sound the same as too many bands, they were really bad.

They were tight and the sound was good, i just didn't like what they were playing

Went to see The Police last night. My lovely sister bought me a ticket for my birthday. 'So Lonely' was the first single I ever bought and I've always liked them (singles, not so much albums).

They were okay, I guess. I think it would be hard for any band to impress me in a venue as big as Croke Park. Sound was awful too.

They had a few decent moments but for a band who wrote some great, short and catchy tunes they weren't afraid of a bit of jazz-wank!

Sadly.

I got a free ticket too for this too. The sound was good where I was, near-ish the front and off to the side .

I cant imagine why anyone would want to sit way up in the stands at these types of concerts though.

I agree..drawing out 3 minute pop songs via the medium of jazz/reggae gets a bit draining after a while.

Overall I enjoyed the gig and am glad I went but I'd equate it to their music, when they're good they're very, very good but there's the odd duff moment

I thought the Police were good and i was very impressed with the musicianship, though the wig-outs were badly judged, especially on Roxanne. The crowd was strangely muted too. Stuart Copeland is an amazing drummer though.

i just didn't like what they were playing

maybe so but that doesn't stop them from been a unbelievably shit band

so just because you didnt like what they were playing, you think theyre unbelievably shit?
so you cant appreciate music that you dont like, then you automatically think theyre shit?

i can appreciate some music which i don't like, but bats don't do much to make me appreciate them .
I think they're shit because i heard them and thought they were shit

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back