What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 11
on friday, saw orange goblin (but missed the supports).
and was at the ballroom of romance last night. fantastic performances/bands, great weekend. dispite the weather:p

Went to see Goodtime John in Whelans, which was great despite the terrible sound engineer. What a bonus to see O'DEATH beforehand, they were fantastic. Like some sort of Appalachian Beefheart/Tom Waits punk jug band - hard to describe really. Lots of shouting and bashing about. Hopefully they'll get a bigger audience next time. Kudos to Abigail from Goodtime John for getting the hoedown dancing goin'!

went and played at the summer solstice festival in Tara, Co. Meath. saw lots of cool performance art pieces, fire eaters etc and lots of really eclectic bands..awesome

what day was this on, we were up there on saturday morning. I also went up there friday night but the road up to the hill was blacked by a car.

we played at about 1:30am on friday night/saturday morning.it was an amazing night, there was no snare stand so our drummer fashioned one out of a stool, the stage was shaking when we were on and we weren't sure if the generator would hold out but it was amazing. people were just really into the music and dancing n stuff. it was great.

how was saturday? did you stay for the entertainment on saturday night?

I went to see the Rolling Stones on Saturday night in Estadio Anoeta in San Sebastián. Fucking brilliant.

One highlight was Sir Jags-a-lot saying something in Basque which either no-one heard or understood as it was greeted by absolute silence to which he nonchalantly responded, "Oh well, you win some...." That man can fucking dance and change his shirt for England.

Their stage moved out from the normal stage to the centre of the crowd... they played a bunch of classics and some new Bigger Bang stuff, one of which descended into a long jam which >shock horror!< was quite tasteful.

Oh and Keith can sing... such a fun gig... loads of fireworks!

i tried to see both finally punk and marnie stern in the last couple of weeks, but the shows ran so late i didn't get to see either. i did get to see some good local bands, and they both were free in so i can't complain too much.

transistor radio sound. sad and tuneful two piece. i picked up a really good 7" from them. not too far away from xiu xiu in places.

team awesome. somewhat of a novelty act, but still fun. seven or eight eighteen year kids playing singalongs on trumpet, accordion, violin, synths etc. etc.

motheater. these guys like heavy and loud. we had to leave towards the end of their set and you could still hear them from about five blocks down the road. slow and restrained post hardcore.

i saw the Pimp the Cat Revival at the Bitter End in NYC
they were playing the music of the Allman Brothers Band and it made me smile

I was at it tonight. Mr and Mrs Colley were spotted in the audience too.

Good, but really for afficianados. Nowhere near as good as The Who. I know it was a "rehearsal" but the sound was a bit gick. Front of House should be shot with balls of his own shite.

i went to see justin timberlake on saturday..hes fierce sexy but wasnt so great live..great dancing but sang too many slow songs..and will someone please explain to me why one plays in the fucking round?all it means is that you spend 3/4 of the gig looking at the big screen cos the person is on the other sides of the fucking stage..that said i still definitely would....yummers..

i went to see justin timberlake on saturday..hes fierce sexy but wasnt so great live..great dancing but sang too many slow songs..and will someone please explain to me why one plays in the fucking round?all it means is that you spend 3/4 of the gig looking at the big screen cos the person is on the other sides of the fucking stage..that said i still definitely would....yummers..

Def Leppard used the space underneath the round for sex with groupies during the show.

sonic youth playing daydream nation. amazing! they were so energetic and really into it. great atmosphere. played the full album, then an encore with some tracks from sonic nurse.

slint playing spiderland. in vicar street it was great too see them do this, but over a year later, they look just as bored. i'm sure some of them nodded off in places. sad. it didn't really go down well with anyone.

gza playing liquid swords. i have never heard this album, but it was a very fun set. he played just before sonic youth, and did well winning the crowd over. even lee ronaldo was dancing along.

time to head off to day two.

Yeah the full lot, in order. It was all pretty heavy, the guitars sounded amazing. The sprawl had some killer noise bits. My favourite was the trilogy at the end. Kim's vocals for everything were spot on.

About ten times better than any time i've seen SY before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back