What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 11
Also its a fuck you to Gilmour.

yeah, I reckoned there was a bit of that too. Though I still think its more about the money.

I always thought the root of the trouble in Pink Floyd was more between Waters and Wright, though I know Gilmour was at the coal face too.

I thought they'd at least partially kissed and made up over the Live 8 thing.

Thats why I think its about the money. I reckoned Waters needed to bolster his bank a/c by a few hundred million or so.

did he play anything off pros and cons of hitch-hiking? or that new "hello, i love you" song? I was thinking of going but decided against paying that much money for what would most likely be a not great gig. i heard there was an amazing laser thing at the end.

no, he played 2 solo tunes. One was 'Perfect Sense', the other a new song called 'Leaving Beirut', which was an anti-Bush/Blair song (good too I thought).

There were flying pigs, spacemen and there was a hell of a laser and pyrotechnics show. I'll give him that much.

And they had bubbles and Flaming Lips confetti. It was a good show, just not a great gig.

comets on fire last night. great show but for me not as good as the show in dublin last year. they played one new tune which had a certain sort of kraut rockishness about it while still remaining very comets on fire. one really cool thing though was that chris corsano (that's the back of his head in the first pic) was there and played a rocking version of 'school of the flower' with ben chasney.

View attachment 4554

View attachment 4555

View attachment 4556

View attachment 4557

Grizzly Bear. I really enjoyed even without knowing any of the music beforehand. I liked everything doused in echo and everyone singing in harmony in a non -half-assed but in fact totally assed way. And they covered the Crystals, which I loved.

i went to the boom boom room last night and saw thingumajigsaw, alpine those myriads? and richer than astronauts. it was an excellent night, all the bands i saw were great but i missed karl him. alpine those myriads? was the highlight - a daft combination of har mar superstar, peter hammill, bjork, justin hawkins, frock, kitchen sink.... with deadly tunes.

saw:
ted maul, a budget version of slipknot, were ok
cephalic carnage- devistating.|..|.|..|
and

akercocke, who were headlining but i left during their set as the're rubbish.

brokeback morning light were pretty sedate - would been better on a beanbag with a joint than standing with a beer tho. sonambulant is the word. guitarist had an arrow thru his head!

just saw:

dying fetus
skinless
cattle decapitation
war from a harlot's mouth

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..| top gig:)

iron lung/the process/brain dead/rot in hell in leeds. brilliant. goin to see iron lung and the process later tonight..|..|

iron lung/the process/brain dead/rot in hell in leeds. brilliant. goin to see iron lung and the process later tonight..|..|

The process and Iron Lung were deadly later that night. .|..|

just saw tortoise. yeow, deadly. what a band. what a great band. fucking legends. i love tortoise. they played for 2 hours and covered the whole catalog. tortoise dance party. it's amazing the way they can be so chilled out on record and then turn it into this big thing live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back