What band did you see last night? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 11
I wonder how a harp is strung, there are 6 strings in between each red string, does that mean there's an octive from red string to red string and if so how are sharps and flats played?

the red strings are c- notes and the black ones are f-notes and really serve no other purpose than to give you some signposts as to where your fingers are heading!

as for sharps and flats, you just flick the metal mini levers at the top of each string...you can either set the key before hand or if there are lots of accidentals then there's usally time just flick the lever whilst playing

the red strings are c- notes and the black ones are f-notes and really serve no other purpose than to give you some signposts as to where your fingers are heading!

is this you?

http://www.ephinx.com/tvadverts/190/jameson-whiskey-harpist-advert.html

Jameson%20-%20Harpist.jpg

i read something in an interview with her about the pedals. there's lots of them like a piano sustain pedal but they make certain strings in a chord (or maybe in a key) sustain rather than the whole frame like on a piano. but apart from that i don't even know if the strings are layed out like A-Bb-B-C- etc...

If you really want to know - http://www.harpspectrum.org/pedal/wooster.shtml

as for sharps and flats, you just flick the metal mini levers at the top of each string...you can either set the key before hand or if there are lots of accidentals then there's usally time just flick the lever whilst playing

Ah, I see. Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back