What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 11
Seen Estel, blew my mind and ears
haha, my ears are still bolloxed after it
TINNITUS.gif

worth it though ... estel have sky rocketed since the last time i saw em. one of the best gigs i've seen in a while. i'm just dreading the state of my ears tomorrow after snowblood tonight

what was that adult. album from last year like? don't really remember hearing much about it at the time. i was gonna agree with brian there but adult are pretty cool. haven't heard anything by the rest though. any specific recommendations?

The last Adult album is way more new wave than anything previous - got a hint of Souxsie & the banshees about it.
Terence Fixmer - pretty much anything he's done - particularly the first 2 ep's on Gigolo and his work with Douglas McCarthy. Proper EBM with hard techno production.
Vitalic - Poney e.p and his remix of Visions by Slam are the only things worth listening to.
Motor - The first few bits they did on Gigolo were rubbish but I've heard their forthcoming releases on Novamute and they've got a real industrial edge to them.
Kitbuilders - everything they've done has been great. Kinda like a tougher more electro sounding Adult. I love Kitbuilders .|..|

Theres loads of other great stuff that got dragged into the electroclash bullshit too - DMX Krew/Plastique De Rêve/Chris Korda/loads more...

Was in bristol for Reuben and Billy talent. The academy's a pretty cool venue but the booze was kind of expensive. Reuben only played about six songs, but were tight and loud. Billy Talent did an hour with a deadly setlist. Sound in the place was deadly and they were tight as a gnat's arse.

Saw Lite on Friday in the Boatclub in Limerick and they were great. Very worthy Jap instrumental rock. Great turnout for a Limerick gig for once which was also great

snowblood + the boy you hit is dead

... didn't help the ringing in the ears anyway. think i'm finally gonna bite the bullet and get earplugs. great gig though

Saw LITE last Friday at the BoR and they were fucking deadly!! They really blew me away! Their CD doesn't do them justice but if you can see them then do, they're great! I think they'll be back in March or April!

Ham Sandwich - first three songs were outstanding, despite the overbearing arcade fire influences. Then they did a cover of the Timewarp which kind of blew the momentum. After three more mediocre songs i split. I'd go see them again though, maybe they're better when the guitarist and bassist aren't locked.

on thursday 12-April i went to the lower deck to see Mad Pooka
. They were great. also i saw Robert Blake who was good, zorilla (most impressive rhythm section ive seen in a while) and Eva Gigon who was mental but pretty entertaining.

on Friday 13-April i went to Voodoo for the Super Extra Bonus Party album launch. Headline were ok, but i prefer their CD to them live. i also caught a terrordactyl which blew the shit out of me. deadly.

last night 14-April i went to an unmentionable gig on Dame Street. the headline played for nearly 2 hours i think. i was left speechless she was that good. i also saw a number of thumped heads there too. great to see us supporting independant gigs!:D

last night 14-April i went to an unmentionable gig on Dame Street. the headline played for nearly 2 hours i think. i was left speechless she was that good. i also saw a number of thumped heads there too. great to see us supporting independant gigs!:D

Two hours?? Wow. It didn't feel that long. Completely amazing.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

"How many hippies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
"Hippies don't screw in lightbulbs - they screw in dirty sleeping bags."

Yeah, enjoyed it.. better say no more, on this board anyway.

i also saw a number of thumped heads there too. great to see us supporting independant gigs!:D

im pretty sure i exchanged a nod-glance thing with Nigglebits.
and possibly a spaced-out stare at Ronan Oldspoon too. sorry guys,
only copped who ye were bout 10 seconds later.
i was running on that bio-ethanol fuel the night before so forgive me!! :)

.|..|

Yeah, it went by in a flash alright. Absolutely brilliant. One of the most enjoyable gigs I've been at despite my laughably awful seat.

Also: Nice to hear some Sandy Bull on the pre-show tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back