What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 11
on thursday 12-April i went to the lower deck to see Mad Pooka
. They were great. also i saw Robert Blake who was good, zorilla (most impressive rhythm section ive seen in a while) and Eva Gigon who was mental but pretty entertaining.

on Friday 13-April i went to Voodoo for the Super Extra Bonus Party album launch. Headline were ok, but i prefer their CD to them live. i also caught a terrordactyl which blew the shit out of me. deadly.

terrordactyl and zorilla are defiantely my favourite live bands of the last while. every gig each of them do is more stunning, mesmerizing, unique and impressive than the last: which is saying alot, as each time i see them i am blown away by their virtuoso-level proficency and intensely precise tightness.

terrordactyl and zorilla are defiantely my favourite live bands of the last while. every gig each of them do is more stunning, mesmerizing, unique and impressive than the last: which is saying alot, as each time i see them i am blown away by their virtuoso-level proficency and intensely precise tightness.
yeah, i think terrordactyl could be my new favourite band, Hermie's anyway.
they have some energy and the fucking balls and skill to carry it too.
Zorrila i'm not so sure on the rest of it, well, where we were sitting, i could barely hear the vocals and no guitar. id go see them again though. all i could was the bass and drums and they both knocked the bejayzus oura me.

last night 14-April i went to an unmentionable gig on Dame Street. the headline played for nearly 2 hours i think. i was left speechless she was that good. i also saw a number of thumped heads there too. great to see us supporting independant gigs!:D

Were you the one who had to carry his ladyfriend out of the room at ATP last year?

I thought I was looking at a Sufjan Stevens lookalike competition last night.

Were you the one who had to carry his ladyfriend out of the room at ATP last year?

I thought I was looking at a Sufjan Stevens lookalike competition last night.
that was Hermie and his gurly. i was there with them though, they got to see JN properly last night. i took many pissings out of her 'oh, you didnt faint this time....well done, of course, she was better last time but sure, how would you know!!!' and so on.

Also, on Friday I went to an unmentionable gig in Whelans to see some MBV revivalists, shite, only 3 good songs were the ones from the first album and a cool wal of feedback at the end of the main set. Awful shame that Michael Feerick lost it at 17.

that was Hermie and his gurly. i was there with them though, they got to see JN properly last night. i took many pissings out of her 'oh, you didnt faint this time....well done, of course, she was better last time but sure, how would you know!!!' and so on.

Ah I knew it was someone from thumped and for some reason I thought it was you.

It was awesome. I was in row B thanks to Gambra. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Most of Thumped seemed to be in the Lord Edward afterwards as well ... whether they were at the gig or not.

It was awesome. I was in row B thanks to Gambra. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Most of Thumped seemed to be in the Lord Edward afterwards as well ... whether they were at the gig or not.

So you got a close up view too. Did you think, as I did that when she sings she looks like she's got Bell's Palsy/has had a stroke?

I thought she was cool as well, no away with the fairys bullshit.

got some videos from the gig - peach plum pear & cosmia from row A

i'll stick em up on the blog tomorrow

off to El-P....

Thats great news. I was off to the left, in Row E, directly in line with the harp so I couldn't see any of the strings. Her hands move awfully fast. Sawdust and Diamonds was amazing. I know nothing about harp playing but I presume she's really good at it.

My photos unfortunately are shit cos I chose not to use flash. In retrospect I'm not sure if I needed too cos plenty of other people were using them.

Last night:
The Ruby Tailights - acoustic.
Dae Kim - so, so...
A Lazarous Soul - Only heard 2 songs, sounded good but...
legged it up to McGruders for the Mantua Launch:
Whoever the first band on in the the beer garden was, were brilliant.
Saw Lakker, again brilliant - gone in a pretty industrial direction.

Thats great news. I was off to the left, in Row E, directly in line with the harp so I couldn't see any of the strings. Her hands move awfully fast. Sawdust and Diamonds was amazing. I know nothing about harp playing but I presume she's really good at it.

I wonder how a harp is strung, there are 6 strings in between each red string, does that mean there's an octive from red string to red string and if so how are sharps and flats played?

i read something in an interview with her about the pedals. there's lots of them like a piano sustain pedal but they make certain strings in a chord (or maybe in a key) sustain rather than the whole frame like on a piano. but apart from that i don't even know if the strings are layed out like A-Bb-B-C- etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back