What band did you see last night? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 11
the river. some ok parts, but mainly meh.
against nature. terrable
warning. utterly immence. .|..|

I know it's probably not considered cool around here, but I went to see Arcade Fire last night and they were unbelievably good.

i too went to see them. i do like them but they're not one of my "favourites" but i was impressed. their live show lives up to the hype. especially liked the way they went straight into Power Cut after that evangelist/mad guy's video speech. liked the way the 2 guys (one looked like one of the waltons) were beating crash helmets.

I went to LCD Soundsystem last saturday (don't worry pete, it wasn't by them crowd). It was great, but a bit wierd. There didn't seem to be that much of a connection on a personal level between the band and the crowd. They/we were just bopping along to the music and any attempts at a bit of banter were more like inconvenient breaks than anything that might add to the show. I was never at a gig like that before - well maybe apart from that time Orbital had a power cut in the Olympia and everyone just went to the jacks.

And it was very funny, James Murphy encouraging people to go to his hotel and take a dump in the lobby cos they were particularly nasty to him. Shame on you CC Hotel people. I wonder if anyone actually went.

Caribou last night.

pure and utter giftedness. first time seeing him. amazing show. lighting for it was amazing also

hooray for humans- very impressive
terrordactyl- deadly, espically the new tune.|..|
soldiers take half-only caught last three songs, also very good.
missed vimanas and the other band though

Andrew Bird, he's a bit of a show off but he's one of the best musicians I've ever seen.

He was a lot more theatrical than I had realised although I did get a little bit of that coming over on a youtube thing I watched of him doing Plasticities on Letterman. He's so fucking talented, he's got it coming out of his pores that guy. That whistle is a weapon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back