Water Charges (1 Viewer)

Bottom line is they just blinked, and in doing so have probably signed Irish Water's death warrant. Irrespective of any ideological views on the issue you might have, who in their right mind would pay now when, even if the charges remain, the penalty for late payment is only €60? vs €160 or whatever amount it is? It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Or I may be completely wrong.

Bottom line is they just blinked, and in doing so have probably signed Irish Water's death warrant. Irrespective of any ideological views on the issue you might have, who in their right mind would pay now when, even if the charges remain, the penalty for not paying is only €60? It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Or I may be completely wrong.
I think we established earlier that no one is wrong

A lot of people who paid up will demand their money back. Many will continue to pay because "it's the law" and also because it will feel like money down the drain, while the perceived unfairness of people who never paid getting away with it will rankle. The government and media will add fuel to that fire, and create hysteria over the amount of money it will cost to wind down, conveniently ignoring the billions we have already given away to bond holders and vulture capitalists through NAMA. They will keep mentioning the poor 27 Irish Water employees who are about to be made redundant . Once again they'll try to divide and conquer. I can't see an all out boycott happening.

I have spoken.

zoltar.jpg

Ruth Coppinger said on the radio earlier that Enda has already blinked, suggesting bills could be delayed for a year or something. I haven't found anything on line to clarify that yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back