US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

McCain's positions on everything from healthcare to the economy are crazy, it's essentially just "cut government spending" - except for defence of course...

He's looking good in the polls right now because most people have a positive prior image of him, and the Dems haven't really started attacking (him) yet. Hopefully there will be enough time June-October to do some damage. And hopefully the electorate care.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/22/hillaryclinton.barackobama

"Last night, the candidates took their verbal jousting to a popular professional wrestling programme, Monday Night Raw.
"This election is starting to feel a lot like 'King of the Ring'," Clinton deadpanned in a video released on the internet. "The only difference? The last man standing may just be a woman."
Obama borrowed the signature line from ex-professional champion Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, in a warning to the special interests in Washington. "Do you smell what Barack is cooking?" he asks with a grin."

Obama is trying to build bridges with Hilary now.

Christ. I dont particularly want to see her around for the next 5 years.
I heard stories that she wants vice because she thinks there is a fair possibility that Obama is going to be taken out when he's president.
I dont think he would be well advised to give that to her. He could possibly give her Condi's job.
Give vice to more of an older southern white boy.

Give vice to more of an older southern white boy.

avery.jpg

Richardson to completley tie up the monority vote? Then when Pakistan doesn't "do our bidding" when Obama moves the troops from Iraq to there he'll be there to slap the fuck out of them.

The problem with Richardson is he's thick.
They need guys to calm the "Obama is black but is he the right sort of black?" guys.
You are never going to get "I aint voting for no negros" boys. But "the right kind of black" guys are a little shaken and will need calming.

There has to be a smart white guy in the Southern US.
Right?

I heard stories that she wants vice because she thinks there is a fair possibility that Obama is going to be taken out when he's president.

Ah, come on ......

Maybe she wants vice because it's the next best thing to being president. Maybe she wants vice because she thinks she can get something done. Maybe she wants vice because she'll take another run at the presidency in the future. Maybe she wants vice because you get a cool office and don't have to do all that much.

Maybe she doesn't want it all ...

Did the person who started this story have some sort of psyhic mind link with Hilary that not only enables them to determine what she wants but also to determine why she wants it?

The problem with Richardson is he's thick.
They need guys to calm the "Obama is black but is he the right sort of black?" guys.
You are never going to get "I aint voting for no negros" boys. But "the right kind of black" guys are a little shaken and will need calming.

There has to be a smart white guy in the Southern US.
Right?

Richardson always struck me as clever - but perhaps I'm just thick myself!

Look like the end for Hillary. She would really have had to have had won both states to give herself a valid case to continue.

The real clincher seems to be the number of middle income white voters which Obabma picked up. It skewers the case Hillary was making that he would be unelectable come the real race.

There is but he dropped out of the race leaving it up to Obama and Hilary.

that's sort of who I am angling at.
He's being very quiet though.

Hugh, what you are saying was how I felt about that sort of comment when I first heard it.
But, alright look at it this way:
Hilary is in her early sixties now, 61 or 62. Lets assume Obama is not shot. I would say he is going to be a good president (assuming he wins, which I think he will.) This means he will run two terms. So thats 8 years. That leaves Hilary at about 69.
That is cutting it very fine.

Vice is essentially a do nothing job, unless your President is a waste of food and you are Dick Cheney.

Hilary is very smart and very ambitious. She is not going to want to sit around scratching her hole for the next 8 years.
She would want, and could get, and important position, like Secretary of State. Vice is normally a position for a younger person.

Therefore, the only reason that I see that she would want to accept vice is if she believes that Obama wont be around that long.

Richardson always struck me as clever - but perhaps I'm just thick myself!

Maybe thick is harsh.
But put Richardson up against either of the Clintons, Obama, John Edwards and you are going to see very fast he is not in the same league.

edit : /// John Edwards might not be the man for the job though. Possibly a newer face, with less baggage etc.

Obama is trying to build bridges with Hilary now.

Unfortunately, she isn't...

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."
"There's a pattern emerging here," she said.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-07-clintoninterview_N.htm

This isn't going to help Obama, won't help herself much in the long term, marginalises the value of black voters (not "hard-working"?), ignores the fact that Obama consistently wins young white voters, and obviously doesn't recognise that she has lost and is only damaging her party with her tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back