Am I completely fucked in the head? (1 Viewer)

flashback

Am I completely fucked in the head and alone in thinking I almost want to see Trump win this next election?

I have this perverse desire to see everything burn. I want to see the US reduced to a joke pariah state, I want to see coronavirus sweep through red states and kill vast numbers. I want Trump to up the ante, and keep destroying everything he touches. I want the cops to keep behaving disgustingly. I want everything to keep getting worse, quickly. Because at a certain point there's a tipping point and things start to change.

Biden getting in power will do nothing other than prolong the grinding agony of this place, make things appear like they are acceptable.

I want things to become so horrific here that things break, and a new party is formed out of the wreckage. It's almost like the boiling the frog slowly thing. The GOP, with Trump in charge, will destroy the US so quickly that people notice. They are pushing the stick forwards and aiming the jet at the ground. The Dems are fucking about discussing if those 17 red blinking lights, and the flames spurting out of the engines, and the spiraling altimeter, are something that should be addressed in 4 years, or put off a little longer. They have just been boiling the frog slowly.

It's really perverse. Abstractly I know it's horrible. But the alternative is horrible, only slower.

I'm a bit appalled at myself with this line of thinking. I'd like someone to deliver a swift knee to the nuts and snap me out of it.

Am I completely fucked in the head and alone in thinking I almost want to see Trump win this next election?

I have this perverse desire to see everything burn. I want to see the US reduced to a joke pariah state, I want to see coronavirus sweep through red states and kill vast numbers. I want Trump to up the ante, and keep destroying everything he touches. I want the cops to keep behaving disgustingly. I want everything to keep getting worse, quickly. Because at a certain point there's a tipping point and things start to change.

Biden getting in power will do nothing other than prolong the grinding agony of this place, make things appear like they are acceptable.

I want things to become so horrific here that things break, and a new party is formed out of the wreckage. It's almost like the boiling the frog slowly thing. The GOP, with Trump in charge, will destroy the US so quickly that people notice. They are pushing the stick forwards and aiming the jet at the ground. The Dems are fucking about discussing if those 17 red blinking lights, and the flames spurting out of the engines, and the spiraling altimeter, are something that should be addressed in 4 years, or put off a little longer. They have just been boiling the frog slowly.

It's really perverse. Abstractly I know it's horrible. But the alternative is horrible, only slower.

I'm a bit appalled at myself with this line of thinking. I'd like someone to deliver a swift knee to the nuts and snap me out of it.

I was just thinking today that if somebody were to put together a "Citizens against Cops" party or something and run in the election, they'd probably win

You've lost hope
You're probably not alone in that

Do you see a Biden admin coming along and actually fixing any of this?

He'll repeal a couple of things here and there, but interests will have already taken up root. It will become financially unviable to change too many things. We wouldn't want to disturb the markets.

Maybe it's cynicism, but I don't see Biden even pretending to intend to do anything other than tamp things down. They'll put some cheerful wallpaper up over the cracks.

I guess it's possible for the US to just maintain this state of vast inequity, police running rampant, institutionalized racism, and a slow asphyxiation of the public. But every time the GOP death cultists come into power they shift everything a serious distance towards authoritarianism. The DNC never reel that shift back in. So, logically, it's clear where you ultimately end up.

Like, there's having hope. And then there's believing fairies.

For me, everything starts with getting the psychopath out of the White House, and controlling nominees for Scotus.
Then letting the change that's happening in the Democratic party with AOC and others, take root.
On the local level, elect activist DAs that will hold police to account.
We can change the cities; we - the left - own them.
But we gotta get Scotus back and stop McConnell stacking the courts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back