• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, it's not a start, it's an end. As long as it doesn't involve doing anything he'll do it, sure he was taking the knee to Black Lives Matter a few months back. There is no symbolic gesture he will not do because it costs nothing.
Haha, it's Friday and you've quit your rotten job. stop moaning.

Saying that, who can argue with you, yet. It is still better than throwing up white power signs in the White House.

Haha, it's Friday and you've quit your rotten job. stop moaning.

Saying that, who can argue with you, yet. It is still better than throwing up white power signs in the White House.
How very dare you, I am the one who sees this from the sardonic, above-it-all position, stop getting one up on me!

Just got sent a joke saying that because of travel restrictions, the US have been forced to organise coups at home.

Also another one saying that it's frightening to think that the man currently holding the nuclear codes can't be trusted with a facebook account.

I lolled at both of them.

...but the available photos could be interpreted as an organised plan to get in and take hostages.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems unlikely that one lad found 11 petrol bombs, and a rifle on his way in the window.

Cops normally don't carry pipebombs either.

Lads threatened violence, tooled up with bombs, handcuffs, tasers, and guns, rioted, broke into the government buildings, threatened and demanded to see specific elected officials, smashed the place up and did a bit of looting, and then pull surprised Pikachu faces when one of them gets shot.

edit I think it was @egg_ that didn't like what he felt was in implication on my part that they deserved to get shot. I didn't mean to make that implication then, but... fuck it. She deserved that. If you break into places carrying guns and bombs, calling out looking for people, you deserve to get shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cops the other night were the United States Capitol Police. Whereas the inauguration would be staffed with Metropolitan Police DC. So a different police force altogether afaik.

Would having a different bunch of guys in uniform, answering to different bosses, make a difference?

I guess this is a question for flashback.

It's very hard to know who / what you're dealing with in US copland.

It's way more complicated than that even, there's Sheriffs, who.. have a completely other parallel force. The POTUS has Secret Service (which I always giggle at because it's written in massive letters on their cars on stuff). There's loads of sort of weird in-between Mil police guys, who drive blacked out unmarked, or lightly marked SUV things. Then there's the Feds. There's the normal Feds who wear some class of uniform and there's un-uniformed guys.

And then there's the lads who actually do the day to day stuff, who I'd be interacting with coming and going from gov buildings, who are contractors, from Africa for some reason. One of our guys just died of Covid sadly enough.

I'd imagine seeing as there's actual headcases, with actual bombs, willing and evidently able to break stuff, that this inauguration might be different. The local plod types will be there, but there's going to be a full on military operation in effect too I'd guess. They fucked up massively, and a couple of heads rolled as a result. They are going to put in a concerted effort to not fuck up again.

But, I've no idea, we get mails telling us vague things like "don't travel to X tomorrow", without a reason attached. It's not clear what's going on. I don't even go into DC these days. Haven't been in central DC for weeks at this point, and don't intend going in unless needs be.

Maybe you should forward those emails on to some police.

we also get weird phone calls on the gov phone. I don't answer it any more.

There's been two new groups I've noticed in the last while. One was at the start of the whole pandemic panic, there were these unmarked / lightly marked military SUVs, like the usual ones, only these ones were fitted out with special haz-mat stuff, and had a medical thing going on with them. Sort of military / medical cross over.

And then during the insurrection, there were these guys on blacked out japanese liter bikes. They filed through traffic, drove through traffic lights, all wearing the same gear, same bike, same back pack. They weren't driving like squids, they were driving quickly, but safely and 100% ignoring the law.

I've just realised that these guys might have also been some class of force. If I wanted to mobilize a group of special forces types, I'd probably consider putting them on liter bikes and telling them to have at it. Shrug.

I've googled it. A "liter bike" is a 1000cc bike.

Just in case anyone else was confused about that.

Sorry I just find that phrase amusing. Liter bike sounds so much less impressive than 1000cc.

I've googled it. A "liter bike" is a 1000cc bike.

Just in case anyone else was confused about that.

Sorry I just find that phrase amusing. Liter bike sounds so much less impressive than 1000cc.

Had to aswell. I guess it must be a tax/licence thing because the whole 900 - 1200 range is all pretty similar IMHO

Sorry, yeah, I just meant it was something like a GSXR 1000 kind of bike. All the decals had been removed from the fairings, it was just a blank.

Squids would be the types of lads who blitz around on big bikes, generally are jackasses, don't wear appropriate gear, and aren't actually that great drivers. There'd be a difference in driving style clear to most people between say Euro cop types pressing on, and squiddy types. It's really complicated to drive bikes quickly, and safely. Generally you'd need specific training to get to that level.

Also, it was around 0C yesterday, maybe a couple of degrees C over. Typically US bikers are off the roads here once the temp gets low. There were literally two of us driving bikes around greenwich village back when I was there, and we waved to eachother, and eventually I said hello and realised he was another lad from Dublin living in NYC. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back