• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I never understand these kinds of clips. am i meant to think that the guy being interviewed is a loser? if anything I just get the impression that the interviewer guy is a colossal prick. you can see where the cliche of the smug self-satisfied liberal comes from. the MAGA dude is probably living in some parallel Qanon-racist-conspiracy reality but at least he seems to be feeling an emotion beyond sophisticated contempt.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of lads.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of lads.

this shit is turning me into Brendan O'Neill :(

this shit is turning me into Brendan O'Neill :(

Yeah. I think it was Pete who posted up the link about these guys potentially getting charged with the laws drawn up for the BLM protestors. As in, getting tried as a black man.

In the meantime, the cop that was dragged unconscious out of the Capitol, and beaten to death with a flagpole with an American flag on it, while they were flying their Blue Lives Matter flags, was also a vocal Trump supporter.

In the meantime, the cop that was dragged unconscious out of the Capitol, and beaten to death with a flagpole with an American flag on it, while they were flying their Blue Lives Matter flags, was also a vocal Trump supporter.
I missed that!! Fucking hell

was also a vocal Trump supporter

What's interesting though is, you pick a DC cop at random, and surprise! He's a vocal Trump supporter.

Here are the DC election results:

5% of DC voted for Trump. Five percent. Yet the police force policing that district are overwhelmingly pro Trump. Shrug.

The policing problem in the US seems so multi-pronged, all feeding themselves.

and based on what you've said over this thread it does seem to be run like a police state at times, which is why I don't see this gleeful cheering on of arresting the bad protestors as a step in the right direction.

Not that I have any answers on how to treat this specific protest.

why are cops so pro trump?

I guess you could think of it this way:

Anybody that supports Trump today is: a hard-right / authoritarian, misogynist, racist, who's willing to overlook their leader's 27 (?) sexual assault allegations (including a violent rape allegation from his wife, and at least two from children), along with almost countless other allegations of criminal activity, who's clearly mentally unwell.

So, that's the person you align yourself with most closely.

And that, given my experience, is where I would categorize most US cops. I've said it for years, it's boring, but I'll say it again: cops in the US are a gang of violent, self serving, frightened thugs, who have been given a gun and told the law does not apply to them.

Why are cops in the US like this? I guess because they can be. This is the behaviour that's promoted and protected.

--edit, cops here view themselves as an occupying army. You can see this most clearly with their continued obsession with buying military surplussed gear to do policing. The idea of policing is simply different to other countries.

I guess you could think of it this way:

Anybody that supports Trump today is: a hard-right / authoritarian, misogynist, racist, who's willing to overlook their leader's 27 (?) sexual assault allegations (including a violent rape allegation from his wife, and at least two from children), along with almost countless other allegations of criminal activity, who's clearly mentally unwell.
Correct me if i'm way off here, but do 45% of the country not just vote for their party always? You could run for either party tomorrow and be guaranteed about that much support.

Not even to get into how many credible assault allegations against Bill Clinton were ignored.

So, that's the person you align yourself with most closely.

And that, given my experience, is where I would categorize most US cops. I've said it for years, it's boring, but I'll say it again: cops in the US are a gang of violent, self serving, frightened thugs, who have been given a gun and told the law does not apply to them.

Why are cops in the US like this? I guess because they can be. This is the behaviour that's promoted and protected.
Not disagreeing about this bit though. Even from the outside looking in this seems apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back