• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct me if i'm way off here, but do 45% of the country not just vote for their party always? You could run for either party tomorrow and be guaranteed about that much support.

Not even to get into how many credible assault allegations against Bill Clinton were ignored.

Yeah. Pretty much true. But, I think that just restates the statement that forty something percent of Americans are racist, hard-right authoritarians.

This is the beautiful thing that Trump has done. Previously you could be a secret, hard right authoritarian, and vote for happy chappies like Ronald Reagan, and integrate yourself back into everyone else's lives as normal.

What Trump has done is removed this fluffy exterior from GOP voters. It's now clear what they want and think. Nobody is forcing them to vote for this guy, or this party.

The party is what it is, their leader is who is he, it couldn't be clearer now, and they chose to vote for that.

Oh cool

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah. Normally I never use the word "terrorist", because it's a bullshit weasel word that's used to demonize any group you're being instructed not to like at that moment in time.

But in some cases it's appropriate, and it is difficult to come up with another term for these guys.

oh boy

Yeah. Pretty much true. But, I think that just restates the statement that forty something percent of Americans are racist, hard-right authoritarians.
I don't think it does, i think it's more of an indictment of turning politics into football and people voting for their team rather than for actual political reasons.

This is the beautiful thing that Trump has done. Previously you could be a secret, hard right authoritarian, and vote for happy chappies like Ronald Reagan, and integrate yourself back into everyone else's lives as normal.

What Trump has done is removed this fluffy exterior from GOP voters. It's now clear what they want and think. Nobody is forcing them to vote for this guy, or this party.

The party is what it is, their leader is who is he, it couldn't be clearer now, and they chose to vote for that.
Do you think? I'm lost man. America is utterly eating itself and its going to do its best to drag us all down with it.

I don't think it does, i think it's more of an indictment of turning politics into football and people voting for their team rather than for actual political reasons.

Do you think? I'm lost man. America is utterly eating itself and its going to do its best to drag us all down with it.

That's true, I agree with that. The reality is it's Team Blue and Team Red, fuck the details.

But, at the back of it, Team Red are still doing things. (And... christ, I'm sorry, here we go, hold me Godwin)... being an ignorant Nazi didn't make you not a Nazi.

Like, if you don't know they are locking children in cages, and so on, that's on you. There wasn't some special case for people who enabled Nazis after WWII, because they didn't know what they were doing. There were people who were Nazi supporters, and people who weren't.

The reason they supported them might have come from any place, their loving brave father might have been a Nazi, they might have liked their snappy dress code. But they were still Nazis.

These guys might like Team Red, because that's the Team they like, but Team Red are currently trying to overthrow an election. That extra level of abstraction and distance is nice, and there was a comfortable distance for Reagonists, and Bush supporters, but this doesn't exist any more.

Like, Dems could claim they didn't know Clinton was a sexual predator, or that removing the rights of Judges to appropriately sentence people with Three Strikes was a disastrous decision, or doubling down on drug prohibition was going to end in disaster, or repealing Glass Steagall would lead to rampant fraud and then repeated crashed economies. You can just about give all that the "well, I mean... I didn't know about that stuff ahead of time".

But Red voters don't have that luxury now, now Team Red are outed. And this is a good thing, I'm not being sarky at all saying this. Historically Dems have been horrible cunts on the whole, but they've done enough for voters to maintain plausible deniability for voting for Team Blue. (Just like I did, for this election.)

What Trump's done is remove that for Team Red.

Man, I need to think about this less. It's freaking me out.

Shut the fuck up flashback, you're out of your depth.

That's true, I agree with that. The reality is it's Team Blue and Team Red, fuck the details.

But, at the back of it, Team Red are still doing things. (And... christ, I'm sorry, here we go, hold me Godwin)... being an ignorant Nazi didn't make you not a Nazi.

Like, if you don't know they are locking children in cages, and so on, that's on you. There wasn't some special case for people who enabled Nazis after WWII, because they didn't know what they were doing. There were people who were Nazi supporters, and people who weren't.

The reason they supported them might have come from any place, their loving brave father might have been a Nazi, they might have liked their snappy dress code. But they were still Nazis.
Well yeah but except in the case of the Nazis where there were all the thousands of special cases where the CIA just hired them directly because they'd rather with work Nazis than allow communism to exist anywhere in the world. And if you were a Nazi scientist, whoo-e, fast track to your green card.

These guys might like Team Red, because that's the Team they like, but Team Red are currently trying to overthrow an election. That extra level of abstraction and distance is nice, and there was a comfortable distance for Reagonists, and Bush supporters, but this doesn't exist any more.

Like, Dems could claim they didn't know Clinton was a sexual predator, or that removing the rights of Judges to appropriately sentence people with Three Strikes was a disastrous decision, or doubling down on drug prohibition was going to end in disaster, or repealing Glass Steagall would lead to rampant fraud and then repeated crashed economies. You can just about give all that the "well, I mean... I didn't know about that stuff ahead of time".

But Red voters don't have that luxury now, now Team Red are outed. And this is a good thing, I'm not being sarky at all saying this. Historically Dems have been horrible cunts on the whole, but they've done enough for voters to maintain plausible deniability for voting for Team Blue. (Just like I did, for this election.)

What Trump's done is remove that for Team Red.

Man, I need to think about this less. It's freaking me out.

Shut the fuck up flashback, you're out of your depth.
Team Red are just going to deny it ever happened and Team Blue are going to go along with it.

Case in point, Captain of Team Blue:

Show me evidence that the Democrats would prefer to win because all I see is a party who would prefer to go "We'd love to do anything but, aww shucks, that Mitch McConnell is just too damn smart for us"

Anyway, i'm completely blackpilled on it all these days. Between that, what's going on in the UK, and Ireland's Covid world records... well... my garden is going well. Pushing compost up a hill is where it's at.

I figure because the GOP are full of feral men at the minute that Biden has to either make a few overtures to the republicans or have 4 years of violent opposition. Like maybe its possible but i kinda think a two term president is the only hope of stablising the DPRA, which requires that 2% of the vote.

I figure because the GOP are full of feral men at the minute that Biden has to either make a few overtures to the republicans or have 4 years of violent opposition. Like maybe its possible but i kinda think a two term president is the only hope of stablising the DPRA, which requires that 2% of the vote.
That's pure West-Wing brain, the GOP aren't going to be placated by Biden reaching across the aisle and finding new ways to compromise with fascists. Biden should be using this utter chaos in the Republican party to get his ducks in a row so he can get his agenda through the day he's sworn in. What's his agenda again?

Anyway it's not all bad, today's internet fight is about liking The Soprans vs. liking Sex & the City, which is a very funny thing to be happening in 2021.

That's pure West-Wing brain, the GOP aren't going to be placated by Biden reaching across the aisle and finding new ways to compromise with fascists. Biden should be using this utter chaos in the Republican party to get his ducks in a row so he can get his agenda through the day he's sworn in. What's his agenda again?
Short term? Take office without taking a bullet.

Short term? Take office without taking a bullet.
The only person who got shot in the LITERAL COUP BY WHITE SUPREMACISTS WHO HAD OPENLY PLANNED THIS FOR MONTHS AND NOTHING WAS DONE was shot by the cops.

Biden is gonna be ok.

One of my cousins is married to a staunch Trump supporter over in New York. I had a trawl through her facebook feed over the weekend. According to her, it was actually Antifa that infiltrated the peaceful demonstration at Capitol Hill and shot all those people.

I actually have to do bit of a cull on my facebook account. There's her and another woman on that I worked with a few years ago who's convinced that Fauci is a shareholder in the Chinese lab that developed Covid so that Bill Gates could release his vaccine and control people. SCAMDEMIC PEOPLE!

I keep logging in and looking at their accounts out of morbid curiosity and honestly it's not doing me any good at this stage.

Kurt Andersen wrote a book a few years ago called fantasy land. I haven't read it but I've listened to a few talks and interviews he did on YouTube. Its his theory on where America's propensity for irrational beliefs, cults, conspiracy theories, medical quackery, religious fanaticism ect comes from. Really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back