UK election results (1 Viewer)

Remember when Theresa May was dashing about in her ridiculous immigration van going on raids?

Please get me off this shit island.

illegal-immigrant-van.jpg

and Boris is back.

I didn't pay a lot of attention yesterday, but was Corbyn being gracious to the Pig Fucker on his last day, only for Call Me to turn around and be a prick to him?

This reshuffle is really interesting, loads more positions for people that came from working class areas in power but simultaneously all this talk of "one nation" and which just screams, well, fascism.

I'm getting the impression she's gonna be dictator-ish (without being too dramatic), lots of money going into certain areas she believes in and the complete crushing of all opponents or critics.

Theresa May's decisive reshuffle draws line under Cameron era

the Department for Energy and Climate Change being abolished and its responsibilities absorbed into a new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

bye bye caring the environment. Time to invest in a bunker.

Last edited:
This reshuffle is really interesting, loads more positions for people that came from working class areas in power but simultaneously all this talk of "one nation" and which just screams, well, fascism.

I'm getting the impression she's gonna be dictator-ish (without being too dramatic), lots of money going into certain areas she believes in and the complete crushing of all opponents or critics.

Theresa May's decisive reshuffle draws line under Cameron era

the Department for Energy and Climate Change being abolished and its responsibilities absorbed into a new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

bye bye caring the environment. Time to invest in a bunker.

Was she against the Good Friday Agreement as well or was that just Gove? I think 2 of the people who ran were.

In any case the NI secretary used to be the police minister or similar.

Osbourne going seems like a big deal.

Was she against the Good Friday Agreement as well or was that just Gove? I think 2 of the people who ran were.

In any case the NI secretary used to be the police minister or similar.

Osbourne going seems like a big deal.
I think Fintan O'Toole was saying she's against it, I haven't looked into anything specific she said myself. It would make sense though, she's all about very tough policing and one state-ism right? Not one for compromises. It'd be a hell of a thing if she started rocking that boat again.

Her reshuffle also consolidates her postion of power. Boris who would be her rivial has been efectively neuterd in the forgein office a postion which he probarbly hates. Other important postions she has given to long time supporters of hers some who are also long time "outers" showing she probarbly intends to make a success of brexit.
The treausry apointment she has made is also a person close to her and that is a very important postion.
I am not sure what to make her statements about unionism it hardly hold's to N.I only and is maybe not that new an issue for UK politics ?

I am not sure what to make her statements about unionism it hardly hold's to N.I only and is maybe not that new an issue for UK politics ?

Voting Brexit has already undermined the Belfast Agreement, or at least parts of it. If the person in charge of the UK has shown herself to be against it in the first place, and not the kind of person who likes compromise, it could lead to her declaring the whole thing null and void and could kickstart a whole mountain of crap up north.

One Nation conservatism predates fascism by 70 odd years though and doesn't have a lot in common with it, it's more to do with developing a sense of noblesse oblige. As far as conservatism goes it's one of the more benign forms. Cameron channelled it following the last election but of course talking of it and following through on it are different things.

One Nation conservatism predates fascism by 70 odd years though and doesn't have a lot in common with it, it's more to do with developing a sense of noblesse oblige. As far as conservatism goes it's one of the more benign forms. Cameron channelled it following the last election but of course talking of it and following through on it are different things.
mmm, but it's 2016 right now, not 1900. She might as well be talking about keeping the empire strong. Noblesse oblige, paternalism, trickle-down capitalism, it's all the fucking same - "poor people - know your place".

(appreciate the clarification though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back