True Detective - HBO (1 Viewer)

Hart and Cohle end up in the shit because Cohle has gone off book, one of them, probably Hart, ends up killing someone and they pin everything on on whoever is arrested in 95.

Not too far out, but I have to admit, not exactly what I was thinking.

So Cohle disappeared in 2002 and has been looking for the yellow king since?

And he doesn't fuck Hart's wife.

Great episode. The whole atmosphere of dread got more and more intense as it went on. The final image of Cohle in the abandoned house holding up the twig sculpture while the camera pans backwards was brilliant. Turns out the whole Yellow King thing is a weird/horror fiction reference as well.

"Death created time to grow the things that it could kill ....."

The One Literary Reference You Must Know to Appreciate True Detective

Last edited:
And he doesn't fuck Hart's wife.

Ah, there's still hope.

Also, I think we're being given a red herring with Cohle as the suspect.

Clearly there's something going on with Hart's daughter. Drawiing pictures of dicks and rapes as a kid, going goth as a teen and then acting out sexually with much older boys.
Someone did something to her as a kid and you'd have to think it plays into this sex ring in some way.
Or maybe not. I was full certain that we'd have a McConaughey/Monaghan sex scene by now. The only person more disappointed than me is probably Monaghan herself.

Ah, there's still hope.

Also, I think we're being given a red herring with Cohle as the suspect.

Clearly there's something going on with Hart's daughter. Drawiing pictures of dicks and rapes as a kid, going goth as a teen and then acting out sexually with much older boys.
Someone did something to her as a kid and you'd have to think it plays into this sex ring in some way.
Or maybe not. I was full certain that we'd have a McConaughey/Monaghan sex scene by now. The only person more disappointed than me is probably Monaghan herself.

I thought Hart said at one point that he found out they had been together, just before the scene with Cohle's new doctor ladyfriend and the three of them at dinner. Maybe I heard it wrong.

I thought Hart said at one point that he found out they had been together, just before the scene with Cohle's new doctor ladyfriend and the three of them at dinner. Maybe I heard it wrong.

I dunno. I was half pissed watching it. I'm gonna watch again anyway.

Here's a thing that puzzled me. Why did Marty blow Ledoux's head off when he found the kids in the barn? He's a homicide cop in one of the most violent states in the US, right? Surely he's trained to deal with distressing, horrific situations like this without losing his shit. He wasn't even sure the kids were dead when he found them so why did he come back out and shoot the guy in the head rather than try to get them to safety? Seemed a pretty extreme reaction for a homicide detective. I think there's more to Marty than meets the eye.

Man.....is Marty going to be the killer now? I'm so confused.
Did he molest his daughter? Is he lying to the detectives and us? Did he really just "stop paying attention"?

Is Cohle actually secretly deep undercover in the present day?

Man.....is Marty going to be the killer now? I'm so confused.
Did he molest his daughter? Is he lying to the detectives and us? Did he really just "stop paying attention"?
That's what I was getting at. He's displayed some pretty horrendous mysoginistic tendencies so far. That doesn't make him a killer but there's definitely some issues there

Here's a thing that puzzled me. Why did Marty blow Ledoux's head off when he found the kids in the barn? He's a homicide cop in one of the most violent states in the US, right? Surely he's trained to deal with distressing, horrific situations like this without losing his shit. He wasn't even sure the kids were dead when he found them so why did he come back out and shoot the guy in the head rather than try to get them to safety? Seemed a pretty extreme reaction for a homicide detective. I think there's more to Marty than meets the eye.

His daughters a goth. Can't get any worse than that for a parent. No wonder he's losing the plot.

Did you see in the article the guy said that Shea Whighams preacher did the sign of the cross backwards which is a sign of devil worship? I think we’re going to find that he’s part of it. Love that little detail.

Also, Marty had blonde hair before he goes bald. Yellow King

Also, there’s a scene where it cuts to Marty after The Yellow King has been mentioned and he is bathed in yellow light. Yellow King.

Marty = Yellow King!!!!

Stretching a little?

Well a few people have pointed out about his name, Marty Hart; Hart = deer = antlers

I figure he's more involved in something rather than the actual Yellow King. Probably he didn't realize how far whatever it is stretched?

It's GOT to end with Cohle hunting Marty down though, right?

So this thing is EVERYWHERE all of a sudden. I suppose this is the next thing I'll never see in a long line of American drama tele things. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back