True Detective - HBO (3 Viewers)

Right, so after Prince appeared in New Girl last week the Prince Tweets 2 U account (a popular parody account) tweeted this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

which was LOL as it was but, eh, then I noticed (because I'm me) in this weeks episode....

53js.jpg

I'm totally confused now. What happened about the dude in his underpants and the elephant trunk thing at the end of episode 3? Was that not Reggie Ledoux?

I'm totally confused now. What happened about the dude in his underpants and the elephant trunk thing at the end of episode 3? Was that not Reggie Ledoux?

Yes.
And it was my first thought when I saw the clock tick down on this episode - "Where the fuck is trunk man??"
They may have been previewing multiple future episodes while giving the impression that they were previewing next week.

Holy Shit that steady cam shot was Paul Thomas Anderson / Alfonso Cuaron good.

Damn this show just became amazing.
I keep thinking things are going to pan out a certain way and then they always manage to bypass the tropes.

Yes.
And it was my first thought when I saw the clock tick down on this episode - "Where the fuck is trunk man??"
They may have been previewing multiple future episodes while giving the impression that they were previewing next week.

Yeah that makes sense all right.

Speaking of the car/meme thing. It struck me when I saw it that those conversations were one of the best things about the show and how a lot of the stuff that cole comes out with is basically philosophical nihilism (e.g. Human consciousness is a tragic mistake of evolution). Sure enough, there is an interview with the writer floating around the web that talks about how the show is influenced heavily by a whole bunch of contemporary philosophers/writers. I'll dig out the link if anyone cares about this ....

I can't get over how good this show is. I feel like watching the first four episodes again.

Yeah that makes sense all right.

Speaking of the car/meme thing. It struck me when I saw it that those conversations were one of the best things about the show and how a lot of the stuff that cole comes out with is basically philosophical nihilism (e.g. Human consciousness is a tragic mistake of evolution). Sure enough, there is an interview with the writer floating around the web that talks about how the show is influenced heavily by a whole bunch of contemporary philosophers/writers. I'll dig out the link if anyone cares about this ....

Please do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back