7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
I know there have been other mentions here, but it's gonna need its own thread.

I enjoyed the time-lapsing and general existentialist goings on in the first episode. McConaughey is obviously in the zone of late and Harrelson is always good value. There's a lot of Se7en going on here, but no harm.

They seem to be telegraphing that McConaughey will sleep with Michelle Monaghan when she finds out about Harrelson bonking the stenographer, and that's why the partnership dissolves.
Maybe they'll be cleverer than that though.

Some nice snappy dialogue all over the place. I loved the inmate's throwaway line "You want a wife, but only half the time, you know?"

I've a feeling I'll be enjoying this.

Yeah, I liked it. McConaughey is great in it. Intrigued to find how he turns from button down weirdo to trailer trash looking boozehound in the coming episodes. Visually it reminded me of Hannibal.

Yeah, I liked it. McConaughey is great in it. Intrigued to find how he turns from button down weirdo to trailer trash looking boozehound in the coming episodes. Visually it reminded me of Hannibal.

It looks like his demons lead him to the booze. That's a serious hip flask he has.

Hannibal the movie or the show?

The show, it was the crime scene tableaux in particular, very like something in Hannibal. McConaughey's bitch slapping of the fat copper was great.

Yeah, they are making the godless guy the moral center of the whole shebang.

Until he sleeps with Michelle Monaghan obv

Maybe I'll watch some Hannibal

Yeah, they are making the godless guy the moral center of the whole shebang.

Until he sleeps with Michelle Monaghan obv

Maybe I'll watch some Hannibal

Hannibal is good. Mads Mikelson is terrific in it, might just turn out to be better than Hopkins in the role.

Very much enjoyed the first episode of TD, you can kind of plot when it was shot based on McConaughey's gauntness and his weight loss for Dallas Buyers Club.

I met someone recently who I thought reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it, it's Michelle Monaghan.

Hannibal is good. Mads Mikelson is terrific in it, might just turn out to be better than Hopkins in the role.

Very much enjoyed the first episode of TD, you can kind of plot when it was shot based on McConaughey's gauntness and his weight loss for Dallas Buyers Club.

I met someone recently who I thought reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it, it's Michelle Monaghan.

I would like to meet that someone.

this was really good but I feel like I need to go watch again cos it took a while to put the time-lapse stuff into the right context and to get used to the chopping and changing.

But it looks spectacular. The setting, whatever way they're filming it (thats as technical as I get about these things), etc

cheers number 7

I am also getting a real Scandinavian vibe off this too. Like rather than remake a Scandinavian show, they are just making their own original one.

This is probably helped by the fact that I am watching The Bridge at the same time and in both episodes they have conflicting partners and they just found a dead hooker's diary.
Big on the ol' diary keeping are your doomed hookers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back