Some further news and Updates from Go Away Recordings! (1 Viewer)

Go Away Recs

Website
www.compactrisc.net
Hello folks...

Just a quick word to let you all know that our two new releases "1MEyes" from The Last Sound and "Customer" from Herv are now available to purchase online from the following retailers...

www.roadrecs.com (Dublin)
www.normanrecords.com (U.K.)
www.retinascan.de (Germany)
www.earrational.com (U.S.A.)

You can also get them from City Discs in Dublin.

Both are very cheap (in or around 10 Euro) so go get em champs!

Also we've been getting some great reviews...

Reviews of Herv: "Customer"

Review #1 (www.eclectichoney.com)

At first I had to double check I'd put the right CD in. I mean, where are the glitchy beats and random noises? Konnektquartet opens with a wealth of warm strings, before reassuringly giving way to Herv's inimitable blend of breakcore. Food Ghost's shouty and frenetic pulse and Decisions Decisions' nintendo-esque stop-start underplay both follow suit, delivering substance to match the melodies of 2003's excellent Snap Hands. Dissolve adopts a more ambient stance, playing things out a slower but no less sinister pace, while the sytlish Chipcore No. 7 gives way to techno snatches between layers of imagination. MPME's fractured methodology is ice cool, while Exhaustion pretty much does exactly that. Always nudged towards the darker side of abstract, it may take a while to find exactly what you're looking for on Customer. Herv offers electronica from an alternative perspective; real electronica, some would say. Rather than ust offering pretty songs that happen to be made from beats rather than instruments, Herv alters the structure completely, delving into something far more complex but ultimately also more rewarding. (Michelle Dalton)

Review #2 (www.vitalweekly.net)

Music released by Irish Go Away Recordings deal with the electronic kind, and is usually uptempo, broken up and fucked up. But the introduction track on 'Cutsomer' by Herv is a nice electronic string quartet. 'Customer' is Herv' third CD following 'Snap Hands' and 'Introduction To Synthesizers' (the latter reviewed in Vital Weekly 488) and here Herv, aka Ewan Hennelly, continues to work with gameboys and laptops, and in general it sounds truly fucked up again, with breakbeat spattering all over the place, but there are moments of warmth and refines, such as in 'Dissolve', with it's accordion sounds. Thus Herv created an album that is well beyond the standard of breakbeat and gabba core music, but something that is also well enjoyable for the more adventurous lover of electronic music, especially techno (and related) musics. Me personally I do like breakbeat in it's purest form only when served in little amounts, but Herv is the positive exception: love it all! (Frans de Waard)

Review #3 (www.roadrecs.com)

New cd on Go Away Recordings from this Irish based electronic artist, the album ranges in styles from some very mellow beat driven electonica complete with lush string samples over to some heavy breakcore sounds reminscent to the great Kid 606 or even some early Aphex Twin, hard hitting abstract electronic sounds that would make the perfect soundtrack to a day at a psychedelic fairground or some messed up Gameboy game.

Review #4 (www.normanrecords.com )

This HERV CD 'Customer' sounds promising with the opening strings of 'Konnektquartet' which are reminiscent of Aphex Twin or Apparat. Then we get some chopped up jungle breaks and 8-bit video game sounds. Think of Joseph Nothing, Mochipet, Printed Circuit, Cylob, Team Doyobi. There are some nice little melodies on here, cheeky beat programming and tracks that vary from the abstract to the danceable. Worth checking I'd say. On Go Away.

Reviews of The Last Sound: "1mEyes"

Review #1 (www.roadrecs.com )

Seven track mini album from Irish electronic producer The Last Sound, the album features a collection of three original pieces along with several reworkings of tracks by Anne Garner, I.Am.An.Exit, Skylight and Lieselle, some very very dark electronica sounds akin to the pulsating bass heavy sounds of the likes of Autechre and even Aphex Twin, the minimal distorted beats get slowly hidden behind layers and layers of white noise, bass heavy synths and swirling glitchy sound effects, this wouldn't sound out of place on the likes of Warp Records but luckily for us we have Irish based Go Away Recordings to look after this kind of high quality underground electronica.

Review #2 (www.normanrecords.com )

Also on Go Away is '1Meyes' which is an interesting CD by THE LAST SOUND. Some lush electronic soundscapes and melodies with nice crunchy beats. There's lots going on here and there are some sublime moments. I think this one will appeal to those of you that like the Benbecula stuff although this is possibly slightly more experimental in places.

(Samples from both these albums are available at www.goawayrecordings.com)

Also, both The Last Sound and Herv will be doing stuff at the D.E.A.F. festival but more on that when the time comes.

Thanks for your time!

Your Go Away Recordings Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back