True Detective - HBO (1 Viewer)

So, if I understand this correctly, some TV shows are appropriate for applying a feminist critique to and some aren't. Who gets to decide this. You?

So, if I understand this correctly, some TV shows are appropriate for applying a feminist critique to and some aren't. Who gets to decide this. You?
No that's not the point, critique away but do so by watching the whole show and taking into account the context of the perceived misogyny. That's the point, that's always been my point.

tumblr_n0ztu3Gmkk1qewacoo1_500.jpg
Here's Hugh, Cattle and Lili in their respective kitchens

Remember back in those innocent early days of this thread, when our concerns were simple ones such as murder and nihilism? Well I mentioned that I had some philosopher acquaintances who were much taken with TD. Well, here is one of them being interviewed about the philosophical underpinnings of the show, and Cohle's character in particular ....

Talking to a Philosopher About True Detective -- Vulture

02-Mar-2014 21:00 True Detective 01x07 After You've Gone

Which is of course inherently misogynistic, the men get to watch their testosterone-laden Super Bowl without fear of missing an episode! while the fairer sex must choose between True Detective and the red carpet frock show tonight
Boom.

Bit of a change in pace this week

change of pace but still a great episode. different without the interview scenes

maggie concerned about the lads getting back together. one of em surely will snuff it next week i'd say

That was one if the more typically tv cop show episodes so far but still terrific.

It was, they're not leaving a whole lot of time to wrap things up are they?

It hints that it's headed for quite a mundanely typical southern gothic conclusion, bad-eyed son of a powerful family did it and it was covered up, hope it's more than that.

09-Mar-2014 True Detective 01x08 Form and Void

"An overlooked detail provides Hart and Cohle with an important new lead in their 17-year-old case."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back