True Detective - HBO (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I get that I suppose I just don't want to do it while I'm looking at something. I'd rather watch the whole thing and come to my own conclusions on it before exploring others. Watch a film, talk about it after. Read a review or criticism after, if my conversation isn't enough to satisfy my thought process. A multipart series as on going critique is like discussing only one photo in a triptych. I'd rather have the time take it all in and make my own connections. I watch everything like a puzzle and don't want it ruined by anyone. Speculation here and there like on this thread, fine. Huge articles, no thanks. Not for me, at least until it's over. Otherwise it feels like cliff notes and cheating plus ruins the enjoyment of it.
It ruins everything, if you ask me. Remember when you watched something because you enjoyed it? Then you find out you can't enjoy it. And that character you enjoyed? Well, you can't enjoy him, because he's paper thin.

Oh well.

It ruins everything, if you ask me. Remember when you watched something because you enjoyed it? Then you find out you can't enjoy it. And that character you enjoyed? Well, you can't enjoy him, because he's paper thin.

Oh well.
OR HER. Obvs. Sheesh.

But if you do and you still don't feel a need for it, grand, so be it. World takes all sorts.

I just prefer mine to be more interactive. I'd rather sit down with someone over drinks and discuss it. It's more stimulating to me. If I can't figure out something myself to a degree that is acceptable for me to let it go, or with a discussion with someone then I'll perhaps read some article on it to gain more insight or a different perspective. I understand the need for it but that doesn't mean I need to read it all. It's just a genre of writing that I tend to skip over. It's why the film festival was probably a waste for me. I had no one to talk about what I saw after so it wasn't as fun. Now, I could go off and read what people have written but it would just frustrate me more. I'll wait until I can have a discussion.

Ok. Well for what it's worth I have little to no interest in the bit in this thread where people speculate on what is going to happen plot-wise because it's totally pointless and not in their hands so why would you want to?

But speculate away people! I'll be off analyzing.

Ok. Well for what it's worth I have little to no interest in the bit in this thread where people speculate on what is going to happen plot-wise because it's totally pointless and not in their hands so why would you want to?

Speculate, analyse. I just live in the moment, man. Do you think Rust speculates? No, he lives in those extra long drags on his daks. That's life, ephemeral and nebulous and eventually going to kill you. Live there.

For me, they go hand and hand. I do both because I base my analysis and speculation on the character development and how they interact in their world. I normally don't post much on here than my favourite line or something small though. I could come in here and write in depth thoughts after every episode but I don't because I don't want to ruin it for people. I have my thoughts on how it's all going to play out but part of the fun for me is finding out I'm right without any help.

Speculate, analyse. I just live in the moment, man. Do you think Rust speculates? No, he lives in those extra long drags on his daks. That's life, ephemeral and nebulous and eventually going to kill you. Live there.
i marked it wtf but I also want to mark it informative

we need a 'mind blown keanu' emoticon like this but smaller:

14751d1347542841-jantz-flex-pic-keanu-mind-blown.jpg

It's natural to speculate because it's fun to see how close you were in the end. Or we could just read articles about how it's not good enough.
Jesus Christ, who let the killjoy out of Miserytown?

It's natural to speculate because it's fun to see how close you were in the end. Or we could just read articles about how it's not good enough.
The internet is Miserytown.

Are you one of those people who has to guess the ending while you're watching the show?

I'll be the judge of what's natural and fun for me thanks.

Like I said, speculate away.

I was talking in general sense of the internet, not in reference to this thread.
People being assholes because they are hidden behind a screen.
Yeah, I know, soz for going off piste. We should do this in another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back