True Detective - HBO (1 Viewer)

What was the last line of dialogue that Rust said? Couldn't make it out ....

Well it wasn't the show I wanted it to be but bit of craic nonetheless. I think i'm just gonna go back to watching Poirot and Mrs Marple though

Great stuff for the most part but went a bit off track once they came up to the present day. Too many loose ends and the character development went a little bit buddy cop movie. Still a hugely impressive show, particularly in the art direction and cinematography departments, and some of the best work I've seen from those two actors. It didn’t end as I’d have liked but good stuff all the same.

The opening of the episode with Childress seemed like it was from another, broader, show. The whole sequence from when they arrive at the house till the police arrive was fantastic though.

I think Pizzolatto’s problem was he set up so much stuff that he couldn’t really work in with only 8 episodes but it was still a good effort.

theres going to be more though, right? Despite them saying that was it surely they can't ignore how big this was and not make more episodes?

yes; new story / new cast

although i think the senator tuttle / "we got ours" line was a bit of a teaser...

It’s an anthology show meaning that each season will have a different story, different setting and a different set of characters. He’s said he might write a Rust & Marty novel once he’s done with TV. I’d definitely read a Cohle and Hart book but I’m not sure that one would be necessary.

Great stuff for the most part but went a bit off track once they came up to the present day. Too many loose ends and the character development went a little bit buddy cop movie. Still a hugely impressive show, particularly in the art direction and cinematography departments, and some of the best work I've seen from those two actors. It didn’t end as I’d have liked but good stuff all the same.

I agree on all this. Around the middle of the series it seemed like it could go in any direction but it became a pretty routine serial killer/cop show in the end. It was makin' shapes to be something really extraordinary, like Twin Peaks, but it didn't really deliver on that. In the end it did something pretty conventional, but just did it better than anyone else. Gonna be a hard act to follow for series two.

Okay, I read that one.
Whereas, she has some of the same let downs I had; I wouldn't agree with it all.
Also, she strikes as a person I wouldn't get along with in person. I'd be rolling my eyes a lot.

The only disappointment I have is with myself.

that was yer man's sister at the end? At what point did they say that? I missed them saying it and just figured it was his wife.

They referred to their Daddy, I think, when he was making flowers on her. Also in the hospital the cops were telling Rust that they weren't sure of the actual relationship til they got blood work back. Rust wasn't interested.

Last edited:
They referred to their Daddy, I think, when he was making flowers on her. Also in the hospital they were telling rust they weren't sure of the actual relationship til they got blood work back. Rust wasn't interested.
hmmm, so easy enough to miss then. I thought it made sense that it'd be his wife. He generally seemed to be quite nice to her so it would have added an air of mystery it things. How this psychopath could be so nice to his missus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back