Timetable for Electric Picnic (2 Viewers)

Highlights for me..

At Del la soul..

PLUG 1: Say , forgive my ignorance but what colour is your flag in this country?

crowd:BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

PLUG 1:Naw c'mon what colour is it?
Audience members: green, white and orange.
PLUG 1:Yeah well we represent the the red white and blue and you represent the green orange and white but that dont mean shit tonight these are the only flags you need right here!(puts hand in the air) NOW WAVE EM IN THE AIR LIKE YOU JUST DONT CARE!!!

crowd:WAYYYYHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

best turn around from a boo ever.

highlight number 2: Meeting wayne coyne and getting his autograph.He is a saint.

I know. But in fairness if you pulled the same sort of shit to a pilled up pissed drunk crowd in america or england you would probably get the same response I would imagine.

I hate all flag lovers. I think that's the point de la made rather well on the night.

Alan Remorse said:
oh, i forgot about the kills

fucking shit band

they should let me curate it next year
You should man the security crew next year dude, dishin the street justice to all the people who slid off the x.

BTW, i was dying for a hotdog all day yesterday after seeing ye eating them. I think they musta had had crack in the mustard or something.

Deadly weekend.

Chose da lips over Kraftwerk but in the end i got to see the last half hour of Kraftwerk anyways.........which was nice. Flaming lips are da shit.

Mr Scruff and his 3 hour marathon of funky tunes, Arcade Fire, Toots n da Maytals, Dj Sneak (minus the clueless scumbags who turn up cos they see 'dj' on the timetable) all highlights.

Vitallic no show and Mixmaster mike time change were bummers as was getting stung by undercover cops having a spliff. They ended up being sound though and giving me my spliff back.

Also, Matthew Herbert Big Band on the main stage was a wicked way to start the festivities

patsharp said:
getting stung by undercover cops having a spliff. They ended up being sound though and giving me my spliff back.
Security were way sound, mate of a mate was coming through the front gate and the lads said "here, any drugs on you" and he says "nah" and goes to walk in, and his brother comes running up to him shouting "here, you dropped something". It was enough skunk for a joint that he'd dropped on seeing all the security. I think the security lads just laughed though and let him off.

patsharp said:
Vitallic no show and Mixmaster mike time change were bummers as was getting stung by undercover cops having a spliff. They ended up being sound though and giving me my spliff back.
ha! really? tell us more!

one of the girls i was there with was approached for pills by one of the most pathetically-disguised 'undercover' cops ever. he may as well have said "come over to me veh-ic-le, we're making inquiries into the availability of controlled substances"

ReadySteadyJedi said:
You should man the security crew next year dude, dishin the street justice to all the people who slid off the x.

BTW, i was dying for a hotdog all day yesterday after seeing ye eating them. I think they musta had had crack in the mustard or something.
haha

"taste that? that's the taste of sXe justice"

i ate at least 50 hotdogs over the weekend

the pasta bar was pretty good as well

by the way, i had an interesting encounter with one Mr Cormac Battle on saturday night

not sure if i should dish about it here

suffice to say it involved him acting like a complete fucking cunt

Surprise interesting band that won me over was "who made who."

only caught the end of their set. There were five people looking at them at the start and about 2,000 by the end. the seemed blown away by the response and kept smiling and having fun with the crowd.

Latex lizzie said:
That lady who sang with mathew herbert was the sexyiest lady I have seen on a stage for a long time. Who was she?

also did Roisin Murphy do a no show or what?

dani siciliano. herbert's wifey.

beetleonitsback said:
'undercover' cops
My brother got busted - he was sitting on the grass smoking when a guy sits beside him and just flips open his wallet to show his garda ID and says "hand over what you've got an gimme your name and address and nothing will come of this, don't hand it over I'll have to search you". He handed over the wee bit of hash which was his stash and that was that

Latex lizzie said:
Surprise interesting band that won me over was "who made who."

only caught the end of their set. There were five people looking at them at the start and about 2,000 by the end. the seemed blown away by the response and kept smiling and having fun with the crowd.

Their album is great. I totally forgot they were on and was at the Rednecks. Was raging I missed them.

Oh yeah, I though LCD soundsystem were really dull and samey - maybe if I had been dancing and/or off my head rather than sitting on the grass at the back I would have dug em more? Also thought The Herbaliser was pretty dull

Thought Toots was deadly, though his guitar player kinda lost the run of himself a bit near the start - a reggae band is not an appropriate place to show off your shredding dude

beetleonitsback said:
ha! really? tell us more!

one of the girls i was there with was approached for pills by one of the most pathetically-disguised 'undercover' cops ever. he may as well have said "come over to me veh-ic-le, we're making inquiries into the availability of controlled substances"

yeah I blazed up in the tent with my mate while we thought we were waiting for Mixmaster Mike. Dude & lady come up with Garda badges n ask us to step outside the tent for a wee chat cos of the joint. The lady cop talked to me, took details etc and just said that basically she didnt give a fuck it i was smoking a joint she just wants to catch 'the big boys'. She nicely asked if i had anything else on me or did any dealers that approached me during the day. I said no. She gave me my joint back and said thanks. I thought that was sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back