Timetable for Electric Picnic (1 Viewer)

highlights include: nick cave and the bad seeds playing mercy seat.
lowlights include: me idiotically fucking up timing and missing most of the arcade fire, though the bit i saw was fantastic and kept me happy enough!

coast to coast said:
highlights include: nick cave and the bad seeds playing mercy seat.
lowlights include: me idiotically fucking up timing and missing most of the arcade fire, though the bit i saw was fantastic and kept me happy enough!

we left early because i was convinced they would only play that in the encore...what happened...1/2 way through their set we had to leave and on way back to carpark...yes, they played it. :mad:

This was great.

flaming lips were brilliant.
Kraftwerk (second half of) was great but not as good as the olympia.imho.
de la soul deadly

and then other things were ace too.
I am as confused as a person can be in work.

Did anyone else find the main stage sound pretty lacking? Was watching doves and at several points the drums completely disappeared from the mix. It was a bit hit and miss at other points too.

the arcade fire was cool. there was a really nice buzz at their set and they didnt dissapoint. everybody was dancing.
rednecks were also deadly...it was the first time i've seen them with 2 drummers and I was really impressed. nice one lads.
the highlight for me was nick cave...i've never seen him live and I was blown away...he certainly knows how to put on a show.
it was a perfect way to chill before going back to work after being away for a month...

highlights:

kraftwerk - shorter set than thew Olympia, but the atmos in the tent was amazing.
rednecks - haven't seen these guys in years. thye really rocked.
nick cave - only went to see this because the girlfriend wanted to see him. i thought it was amazing. he is some showman and the Bad Seeds are fantastic.
LCD Soundsystem - best I've seen them
Pie Minister - Pie with mash and gravy - yum yum
Lara Lu's lamb kebabs - phwoarr
Bacardi tent - Bacardi Oro with Ginger Ale and Fresh Lime - Yummy

lowlights:

Mercury Rev - FUCK OFF BACK TO FAERY LAND
Flaming Lips - not seeing them

I thought that the EP was very well organised. Nice and chilled too. The queues weren't too long, the food was good and you could get booze other than Bud.

Incidentally how much shorter was the Kraftwerk set? I think they played for about 1 hour 40 minutes at EP.

P. Littbarski said:
the arcade fire was cool. there was a really nice buzz at their set and they didnt dissapoint. everybody was dancing.
rednecks were also deadly...it was the first time i've seen them with 2 drummers and I was really impressed. nice one lads.
the highlight for me was nick cave...i've never seen him live and I was blown away...he certainly knows how to put on a show.
it was a perfect way to chill before going back to work after being away for a month...
did the rednecks have two drummers? from where i was standing (at the side) i couldsee fuck all! i thought their new member was a keyboardist/shakerist.

ps. shaker is a hugely underrated instrument

coast to coast said:
did the rednecks have two drummers? from where i was standing (at the side) i couldsee fuck all! i thought their new member was a keyboardist/shakerist.

ps. shaker is a hugely underrated instrument

they did indeed...he kind of alternated between twiddling some nobs and drumming. I havent seen them in a while and was really impressed.

great weekend so it was.

Thought the Herbaliser was bleedin rappah. 2 many djs were good too. Channel 1 were deadly.royksopp or lemonjelly were good not sure which it was on account of being in la la land at the time. Saw some drag queens on somewhere. wasnt even remotley funny. My memory is returning in the form of little information packs.More opinions as I get them.

Good crowd everyone in the whole place seemed to be in good form.
Dont think I met one fucker over the whole weekend.

big thumbs up: arcade fire, kraftwerk, rednecks, toots, lcd soundsystem, bob mould (after the sound got sorted) and nick cave

great weekend

really? hector grey made me go and see them and i thought it was contrived mtv haircut rock for wimps and posers, and i'm right about everything, so obviously you have no ears.

here's all the acts i managed to see:

Arcade Fire: so shoot me, i hadnt heard them before, but i was completely blown away. i'll be buying their album pronto. the girl singer was a bit of a twat though

goldfrapp: absolute shite. stayed for about 5 mins, only went cos i was bored

Doves: Shit. Fucking shit band for fucking bed wetters. without a doubt the most boring and least charismatic band i've ever seen. only went cos my mate wanted to see them and so i could get a good spot for flaming lips

Royskopp: boring, wussy shite

Flaming Lips: managed to squeeze up the front for this one. one of the best shows i've ever seen, that version of bohemian rhapsody was inspired. i love this band!

Kraftwerk: saw the last few songs after the lips, was pretty impressed. got to hear some of my favourite songs by them so i was happy enough

Asian Dub Foundation: wandered over to these guys during one of kraftwerk's more dull moments and was completely blown away. this band fucking rule, pity i only caught two songs

Rednecks: great set by the lads, liked the new song too. i enjoyed them more at the U:M birthday, but twas still good

LCD Soundsystem: am i missing something here? this band were fucking muck. shit, boring beats with some tosser shouting "yeah yeah yeah" over and over again. no thanks

Bob Mould: I'm sorry, i couldnt get into this at all. boring guitar rock. a far cry from Husker Du's best stuff if you ask me.

DJ Format: This was without a doubt the highlight of the festival for me. absolutely amazing shit. the last time i danced that much was at The Bug. fucking great

Mercury Rev: i wish this band would just fucking die already. i thought it couldnt get any worse than Doves, but i was wrong. could only stand two songs before fucking off to the juice bar

Nick Cave: Interesting. Obviously, the set itself was amazing. could have done with a couple more of the older tunes, but hey. the problem was, i was surrounded by complete and utter cunts for this set. stupid fuckers leaping around bashing into my girlfriend repeatedly, i was raging by the end of it. still though, the seeds ruled, and it was totally worth it.

De La Soul: only caught two songs after Nick, but this was the BEST SHIT EVER. I wish i'd been able to see more.

in future, i'm not standing next to stupid ice-cream eating motherfuckers at gigs.

beetleonitsback said:
really? hector grey made me go and see them and i thought it was contrived mtv haircut rock for wimps and posers, and i'm right about everything, so obviously you have no ears.

i thought the same about the kills. MTV haricut fake motherfuckers. stayed for a couple of songs but had to leave for fear of me raiding the stage and headbutting the burd.

Alan Remorse said:
LCD Soundsystem: am i missing something here? this band were fucking muck. shit, boring beats with some tosser shouting "yeah yeah yeah" over and over again. no thanks

its actually "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"

i thought they were great

totally forgot about CH-1 and the lack of them being listed did nothing to remind me.

actually now that people say it, the security guards were pretty sound.

so did anyone actually see james blunt?? or were even talking to peolpe who had seen him??

beetleonitsback said:

i actually met beetleonitsback at this gig and he had banners and everything made up for this band, he left straight after them to get a haircut or somethin

....i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back