Thumped Guitar Players Rig Rundown (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
(Seems I can't reply properly to threads on my phone,at home now so can post from a computer)

What I wanted to say was,that he was super helpful,took time to explain and clearly knew his stuff.
First thing he did when I went to collect,was plug it in. Nice touch.

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Supporter
Threads
My bass rig set-up:

orange OR120 head and a Warwick 411 Pro cab
Just waiting on a pre-amp from moose and that's it.
What kind of clean headroom do you get out of the OR120? Plenty I'd imagine, right?

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Supporter
Threads
More deets please @Unicron. What model Martin is it? Is the champ giggable you reckon? What is it, mid 70s?

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
More deets please @Unicron. What model Martin is it? Is the champ giggable you reckon? What is it, mid 70s?
The Martin is a DX1AE, Mexican made but plays really well. It's a spruce top on a mahogany body so it sounds "rich" or "dark" I suppose, especially compared to the much brighter spruce on spruce model I was also considering. In the end I went for that one because my mid-80's Ibanez acoustic is bright too and sounds very similar. It's pretty heavy though I can tell you that.

The amp is a '73 I think. It might be giggable but in a band you'd probably have to dime it, and it'd sound very dirty, not a bad thing as such, and put an awful lot through the PA

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Nice one, never got to try it but Owen was saying it's a beauty.
It really is, there's a 56 tweed job that was sitting beside it that I initially asked about when I told him what I was looking for and all he said was "you don't want that one," when he said how much he was after for it I understood why. He's got some great stuff in there, took me through a few options that might have suited me.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
the wound G on my tokai is breaking when i throw in any bends. the bastard.

moose

Born to raise hell.
Staff member
Supporter
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
It really is, there's a 56 tweed job that was sitting beside it that I initially asked about when I told him what I was looking for and all he said was "you don't want that one," when he said how much he was after for it I understood why. He's got some great stuff in there, took me through a few options that might have suited me.
This is my latest addition due to his generosity. A tad bigger than the champ but I am a bass player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads