Thumped Guitar Players Rig Rundown (1 Viewer)

(Seems I can't reply properly to threads on my phone,at home now so can post from a computer)

What I wanted to say was,that he was super helpful,took time to explain and clearly knew his stuff.
First thing he did when I went to collect,was plug it in. Nice touch.

My bass rig set-up:

orange OR120 head and a Warwick 411 Pro cab
Just waiting on a pre-amp from moose and that's it.
3952c673e2543da0cc5737eb4396b2d2.jpg

My bass rig set-up:

orange OR120 head and a Warwick 411 Pro cab
Just waiting on a pre-amp from moose and that's it.
3952c673e2543da0cc5737eb4396b2d2.jpg

What kind of clean headroom do you get out of the OR120? Plenty I'd imagine, right?

If there's not plenty the amp needs servicing. Recorded a few bits of bass with another 120 into an old Fane Hiwatt cab.

This is my new practice/recording with grit amp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

More deets please @Unicron. What model Martin is it? Is the champ giggable you reckon? What is it, mid 70s?

The Martin is a DX1AE, Mexican made but plays really well. It's a spruce top on a mahogany body so it sounds "rich" or "dark" I suppose, especially compared to the much brighter spruce on spruce model I was also considering. In the end I went for that one because my mid-80's Ibanez acoustic is bright too and sounds very similar. It's pretty heavy though I can tell you that.

The amp is a '73 I think. It might be giggable but in a band you'd probably have to dime it, and it'd sound very dirty, not a bad thing as such, and put an awful lot through the PA

Nice one, never got to try it but Owen was saying it's a beauty.

It really is, there's a 56 tweed job that was sitting beside it that I initially asked about when I told him what I was looking for and all he said was "you don't want that one," when he said how much he was after for it I understood why. He's got some great stuff in there, took me through a few options that might have suited me.

It really is, there's a 56 tweed job that was sitting beside it that I initially asked about when I told him what I was looking for and all he said was "you don't want that one," when he said how much he was after for it I understood why. He's got some great stuff in there, took me through a few options that might have suited me.

This is my latest addition due to his generosity. A tad bigger than the champ but I am a bass player.

11831710_10152881765361741_5689954021661166122_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back