Thumped Book Club (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Magee said:
See previous post

Yes, well, see my previous post and tell me, exactly how many of Jilly Cooper's books have you read?

I only discovered recently that when Cooper first wrote Riders and got accepted by whichever publisher it was, she went out to celebrate. She had the manuscript with her and went for lunch and drinks with a pal to celebrate. She got a bit pissed and then she went and splashed out on some perfume, then she got the bus home. Then she realised she had lost her manuscript. It was the only copy and it took her something like 12 years to rewrite by which time, it was totally different. I just think that's heartbreaking and crazy and quite admirable all at once.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Yes, well, see my previous post and tell me, exactly how many of Jilly Cooper's books have you read?

I only discovered recently that when Cooper first wrote Riders and got accepted by whichever publisher it was, she went out to celebrate. She had the manuscript with her and went for lunch and drinks with a pal to celebrate. She got a bit pissed and then she went and splashed out on some perfume, then she got the bus home. Then she realised she had lost her manuscript. It was the only copy and it took her something like 12 years to rewrite by which time, it was totally different. I just think that's heartbreaking and crazy and quite admirable all at once.
ah, Rupert Campbell-Black

jane said:
Strange? Where?
strange (str
amacr.gif
nj)
adj. strang·er, strang·est
  1. Not previously known; unfamiliar.
    1. <LI type=a>Out of the ordinary; unusual or striking.
    2. Differing from the normal.
  2. exotic
See? Definitely a compliment.

So, is everyone else planning on joining this fledgling group known to one another? How will I spot you? Should I wear a carnation? A hat of my own?

jane said:
No, the point of meeting up on Thursday is to pick a book. I haven't decided what my choice will be yet if my name is picked, but I may be all cheap and nominate the one I happen to be reading. We'll see.
ok eh
what time??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back