Thumped Book Club (1 Viewer)

'Franny and Zooey' by J.D. Salinger is my nominated book.

I`d also be happy to go with Jimmy`s choice of Turgenev....

So you guys will pick a book out of the hat - and go read it and review it/talk through it yes?

Just a reminder for our book club meeting tonight to pick a buke to read. Anyone who's coming should have a book they would like to nominate in mind. I've got a couple of nominations from people who won't be there either if anyone wants to do that too.

It's on at 6.30 in the Lord Edward (upstairs) at the top of Dame St. (beside Burdocks, ah, sweet Burdocks).

The first meeting of the Thumped Book Club can be declared a remarkable success. After choosing the book, we had an intense and deeply philosophical discussion of (non-human) animal erections, some of which involved "completion", as is fitting of any gathering of intellectual giants. No sniggering was permitted.

Anyone who missed this is a geek. Oh, wait, anyone who....never mind.

Anyway, for those who couldn't make it, or who would like to participate in a purely virtual manner, the book is Angela Carter's Wise Children. As much as I didn't want to be the first to choose, luck befalls a lady when she least desires it. I was kinda rooting for Salinger.

You have one month. Onetwothreego.

jane said:
The first meeting of the Thumped Book Club can be declared a remarkable success. After choosing the book, we had an intense and deeply philosophical discussion of (non-human) animal erections, some of which involved "completion", as is fitting of any gathering of intellectual giants. No sniggering was permitted.

Anyone who missed this is a geek. Oh, wait, anyone who....never mind.

Anyway, for those who couldn't make it, or who would like to participate in a purely virtual manner, the book is Angela Carter's Wise Children. As much as I didn't want to be the first to choose, luck befalls a lady when she least desires it. I was kinda rooting for Salinger.

You have one month. Onetwothreego.
cool. i think i like this.

jane said:
Yes, considering that several of us had intended to be home before nine, and we ended up there until it closed. I enjoyed myself immensely.
Nerds, with yer buks. I went home to watch football, drink beer and have wrestling matches with me mates. (Well, the first bit is true)

jane said:
Yes, considering that several of us had intended to be home before nine, and we ended up there until it closed. I enjoyed myself immensely.

yiz durty drunks
I strolled abhaile and then watched a deadly programme on BBC4 about pop art in London tahhnnn in the 60's.

see how highbrow I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back