Thumped Book Club (1 Viewer)

Psychotic no 2

I may be getting ahead of meself here and all that, but I was thinking, seeing as so many of us here are talking about bukes and that, would it be good to start a thumped book club? Pick a book a month as our sticky thread then discuss it online. None of your poxy meeting up in the Lord Edward.
Any takers?

(We should start by reading P.S. I Love You.)

billygannon said:
I agree.

But we should start with the Bible.

Ah now, I think that should probably be the eternal (geddit?) sticky thread. It's a very big book. Then we could do little novels as the monthly books.

That's a great idea! I could use some sort of kick up the arse for reading more fiction/books for fun, etc. I don't read much of it anymore, but whenever I pick up a novel, I kick myself for neglecting the things.

I do, however, like the idea of meeting up for drinkies and talking shite. Maybe that doesn't necessarily have to involve books.

I'm totally on for PS I love you. Can we follow it with Being Jordan?

jane said:
That's a great idea! I could use some sort of kick up the arse for reading more fiction/books for fun, etc. I don't read much of it anymore, but whenever I pick up a novel, I kick myself for neglecting the things.

I do, however, like the idea of meeting up for drinkies and talking shite. Maybe that doesn't necessarily have to involve books.

I'm totally on for PS I love you. Can we follow it with Being Jordan?
I'd be on for this so I would. Might be nicer to meet in person though, and not just discuss it on t'internet?

I propose we only read the books from Marian's Book Club list.

Yay, I think it'd be deadly fun too and of course I'd come out of my cave to discuss the books.... Rockin'.

Somebody suggest a book to start with (I've already read P.S. I Love You -Shame - and can tell you there'd be little to talk about - might make a substantial bitching session though).

Psychotic no 2 said:
Yay, I think it'd be deadly fun too and of course I'd come out of my cave to discuss the books.... Rockin'.

Somebody suggest a book to start with (I've already read P.S. I Love You -Shame - and can tell you there'd be little to talk about - might make a substantial bitching session though).
lets read that one about the Gulag - I'd say that'd make for lovely light reading.
What is the form with this though - does it have to be books that no one has read or can we suggest favourites?

God, I don't know. What do you think it should be? There's so many great books that I'm sure people wouldn't mind reading again. For example, I can hardly remember anything about Unbearable Lightness except that I liked it. So it would probably be okay to do favourites...But do we have a vote on what is to be read or does each person take a turn to nominate a book or maybe we should offer three and we have a vote on which one we should read? So bad at organisation :confused:

i'm up for it. favourites is a good idea because then each of us can take a turn at feel authoritative, if only for a week.

hag said:
i'm up for it. favourites is a good idea because then each of us can take a turn at feel authoritative, if only for a week.

That sounds grand to me...now we just have to decide who goes first !ninjaaaa

my mama is in a buke club and they take turns suggesting bukes. So the way we could do it is everyone comes to the first meeting, we put everyones name in a hat (what with us all wearing hats, all the time) and the first name out gets to choose the book we'll all be reading and discussing at the next meeting. The 2nd name out o the hat gets to say at the 2nd meeting what we'll read next and so on, AND SO FORTH.
Then the order is decided, until some new people join. And as it's monday, I can't think of a way around that right now.

hhm
OR
we could take a poll on line and decide on a book to start with, meet in 2 weeks time to talk shite about it and then do the pulling names out of the hat lark. At least if we did it that way we'd get the actual book reading ball rolling.

it would probably be better not to meet at all though. what's the deal if you've already read the book, no homework this week or something? is that when you go on a bender for a week? cool!

billygannon said:
I bags being the butch guy in the wheelchair.

i bags being the guy who was in teachers (as the angry junkie not the annoying artist)

and here, seeing as the week that's in it - i suggest 'ulysses' - to be read by next monday

-karl

Why that wouldn't happen to be a Jolly Kenny Rogers in your avatar would it?

Oh and Book club good and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back