The worst job you ever had / have? (1 Viewer)

I worked as a night security guard in a nursing home. It broke me.

First time I've seen two guys having sex as well.

How could it possibly have broken you? Did you have to clean between anyone's toes? Or their bottoms? Or have to wipe shit off the walls cos they've wiped their arses sans toilet paper and then put their hands all over the walls...

Ah, happy days.

Anyway, back to the two guys having sex - were they inmates?

How could it possibly have broken you? Did you have to clean between anyone's toes? Or their bottoms? Or have to wipe shit off the walls cos they've wiped their arses sans toilet paper and then put their hands all over the walls...

Ah, happy days.

inmates? is that what they're called?
way to aushswitz the vibe, dude.

Ah, happy days.

It was run by nuns. The head nun worked from 6.30am to 11pm every day.
Worked in the kitchen the previous summer. That was just insane. I did this ten years ago and my hands are still damaged from it.

But anyway, the night security job was just intensily lonely. Drove me insane.

As for the guy sex. Well, it was a private area around the back of the old folks home. It was late at night. They wouldn't have known about my nightly patrols.

It was run by nuns. The head nun worked from 6.30am to 11pm every day.
Worked in the kitchen the previous summer. That was just insane. I did this ten years ago and my hands are still damaged from it.

But anyway, the night security job was just intensily lonely. Drove me insane.

As for the guy sex. Well, it was a private area around the back of the old folks home. It was late at night. They wouldn't have known about my nightly patrols.
"patrols" billy?
or masturbation?

Hahaha, Freudian slip. I've just been dealing with a teacher from a prison. But that's a whole different thread... :eek:
what are they called then? the chronologically challenged? the youth impaired? the pruneskinned pissfactories?

maybe it 's me you know??:eek:

think it was called The James Joyce, are all Irsh pubs abroad given such unimaginative titles?
i remeber the james joyce, down that little lane. i went there everytime i went to praaaaaha. they did a great steak.

except last time, it was closed. oh, and the time before that. got destroyed in the flood did it not? when were you there?

maybe it 's me you know??:eek:

think it was called The James Joyce, are all Irsh pubs abroad given such unimaginative titles?

I know a couple of guys who worked in that pub in the early 90s

Praha seemed a whole lot cooler back then

still great mind

Billy has it right, about the job, though when he struts about I think "proud jaguar". The incredible isolation of working this job in Kuwait has probably been the worst, but that's offset by money. After about four months of desperate loneliness, you go mad for a couple of weeks, then it goes away and you don't care anymore. So, it all works out in the end.

I haven't put on a pair of jeans since working in a Levi's stockroom in 2000. I thought about buying a pair recently, but ran out of the shop sobbing.

Worked as a waiter in a fancy restaurant for two hours. When the head waiter asked my what kind of fork he was holding (as a test), I left.

Actually, my shit jobs have never been that shit, it's always the circumstances that surround them. I worked in Canterbury doing an easy job with nice people, but it was miserable because I had to live in a hostel for six months, and had a windowless office.

i remeber the james joyce, down that little lane. i went there everytime i went to praaaaaha. they did a great steak.

except last time, it was closed. oh, and the time before that. got destroyed in the flood did it not? when were you there?

yeah thats the one, there was a cracking czech bar beneath it called the king George me thinks? had really really cheap beer
was 97 or 98?? not too sure went back for new years 2000, a girl we knew gave us her apartment, didn't see daylight for 3 days. must go back some day

That's just about the most tragic thing I've read in a while. No joke.

I was twice asked by randomers to DJ at their weddings, which I agreed to do because I didn't have the heart to say no. They were the worst jobs I've ever had.

That being said, I LOVE my work now, and the last few jobs I've had.

I've done wedding DJ a few times but never again.
Last time I was asked to do a short slot (one hour) and after two songs - (Van Halen's Jump and The Cure - Boys Don't Cry) one woman came up to me and said 'you have the worst taste in music I've ever heard'.

There's always some pricks who will complain if you play something they don't like. You might have catered for their taste for the previous thirty songs but as soon as you deviate they're up like a shot.

yeah thats the one, there was a cracking czech bar beneath it called the king George me thinks? had really really cheap beer
was 97 or 98?? not too sure went back for new years 2000, a girl we knew gave us her apartment, didn't see daylight for 3 days. must go back some day
i was there in summer of 98, stayed in the botel above the james joyce, hence did my prehydrating before heading out there, had me lunch, etc...
i know people have a problem with all this going to irish bars on yer holliers, but after you've seen the gaf, what else are you to do but get drunk. you're young, it's prague..etc. lovely days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back