The worst job you ever had / have? (1 Viewer)

i used to work in a t-shirt printing factory in leeds. my pay was so shit that every week after i had paid the rent and the bills, and before i had a chance to buy food, i was actually down money. crappy repetitive work under totally shit conditions, working with some dopey racist cunts. the boss was a prick too. i heard that just before the christmas after i had left he closed the factory and then reopened in the new year so he wouldn't have to pay any christmas bonuses. apparently a few of the previous workers actually went back to work for him too.

*shudder*

i've never had a job i liked. i start off liking most of them and end up with a morbid hatred for my bosses/co-workers/customers/humanity.

next week i start teaching calculus to spoilt 17-year-olds. i predict doom.

Bakery. 6-3 six days a week for less than minimum wage. An exhausted summer. Never eating apple tart again

ooh! i love bakerys. i often pop into thunders on the way to work and the staff are always very friendly and the smell of the cakes is lovely. i probably eat too many gingerbreadmen though...

my worst job was collecting glasses in dolans warehouse in limerick when i was in college. i hated it and quit after about three months when they said i had to work every night over christmas. the staff were mostly pricks although there was a few sound ones and i got into a david gray gig for free (and also saw numerous shitty bands play for free.

edit: i forgot about the bog and the factory in galway - shitty

edit: my favorite times at work were travelling around the midlands in a lorry in the summers delivering drink to pubs, working in the irish times library, and driving around the midlands in the middle of the night as a roady (just the me-on-my-own-in-the-van-with-my-tapes bit, not the music or dealing with the singer/manager...ugh)

My worst job was definitely picking mushrooms. The smell, the flies and the gossipy women = hell. I couldn't eat mushrooms for about 10 years after it.

I've worked alot in the catering industry and I liked it mostly but I hated the last job I had as a waitress. The work was fine it was the same everywhere its hard but usually you can have the craic and its not so bad.

But this one job the boss used to stand and watch everything we did waiting to pounce and point it out and be a complete bitch as in make personal comments too. I lasted two months. I dont know how I lasted so long. I worked my 21st birthday there cos she wouldnt give me the whole weekend off it was on a saturday I said I'd take the sunday off instead.

Everything I go pass it now theres ALWAYS a staff wanted sign up. Lots of my friends have worked there we've realised since cos we didnt know each other then and its always a good funny conversation starter comparing stories

ooh! i love bakerys. i often pop into thunders on the way to work and the staff are always very friendly and the smell of the cakes is lovely. i probably eat too many gingerbreadmen though...

Bakery 'shops' are robably nice. I work in the 'factory' part of the bakery in finglas (now closed - the bakery, not finglas)

I've never had a job I've really disliked but I've had the pleasure of working with a lot of stuck up cunts.

There was the volutnary work for a few years during school and summers when I was 11-14ish in the old folks home... I wasn't old enough to appreciate their wisdom, shall we say. God. We did everything from serving dinners to chopping lavender in the massive front garden.
They paid us (me and my friend) in ice pops.

WOrst paid job was as a helper in a Santa's grotto in Jervis when I was in 5th and 6th year in school. Oh jesus mammy the 150-person queues, the lack of a break, the lugging of black sacks up and down flights of stairs..the pitiful pay...the screaming children...the huffy parents...the smell of mould in the grotto...the not knowing if some kids were boys or girls....the ensuing embarrassment when you guessed wrong...the fact that I went back a second year...

picking strawberries 1983 - 1987

by the last year I graduated to selling them at the side of the road with another guy as my partner in business.
Our first day was marred by a local hard nut with alcoholic parents who arrived on a bicycle with four dead rabbits on the carrier. He was carrying a 'broken' shotgun on a strap over his back.

He walked over to the baskets of strawberries, lifted up four of them and emptied them into his bag.

Said 'thanks lads' in a kinda menacing non-friendly way and cycled off.

i worked for one day in an airplane meal packing factory, spooning beans onto plates while the other poor african immigrant women (who worked there every day) spooned their respective sausages, bacon, eggs etc. onto the same plates. the stuff was all being cooked in front of us so it was roasting hot, and we were getting splattered with oil. horrible. after that i did two weeks in a fish factory which was nice in comparison, except that my tent stank of fish. holland was a lot of fun that summer otherwise. those were the worst jobs i've ever done.

I couldn't eat mushrooms for about 10 years after it.

That's just about the most tragic thing I've read in a while. No joke.

I was twice asked by randomers to DJ at their weddings, which I agreed to do because I didn't have the heart to say no. They were the worst jobs I've ever had.

That being said, I LOVE my work now, and the last few jobs I've had.

That's just about the most tragic thing I've read in a while. No joke.

I was twice asked by randomers to DJ at their weddings, which I agreed to do because I didn't have the heart to say no. They were the worst jobs I've ever had.

That being said, I LOVE my work now, and the last few jobs I've had.

It was terrible because I really liked mushrooms before that... but even just being in the same room as them made me feel ill for years.

cereal grain processing plant. cooking and bagging wheat germ/bran etc. however hot it was outside, the inside of the factory was about a good 20-30 degrees hotter. summers were brutal, guys getting heat exhaustion left and right. you'd get done shift and you'd be a sweaty, slimy, awful smelling bastard.

plus it's where i fucked up my back for life, so there's that.

other than all that, i look back on it fondly on occasion...some of the guys were ok and we could work high if we wanted. and after work beers were heaven sent. would go through 2 packs of smokes a day playing crib in the break room in between batches.

ahhhhh, Canadian Harvest, you weren't so bad i guess.

i worked with these guys tonight Saints Of Blis s

as Pete Brady says, 'i hate me job'

they had a song about being 'on the 'wrong side' if you'r epoor and if we could just spare a minute for all those people with aids'
or something hilarious like that. think blink182 but more serious.
christ. there was 12 people there too. AMAZING

apparently their label spent €250k on their 2nd album in South Africa.

actually, one of their ridiculously hot groupies/GFs/sisters has just texted me saying i did a great job and can i text her my email so i can be added for info on further gigs. theyre going to be my new london buddies in september coz theyre movin over too. nice guys, not my cup of tea though.

i think ill text her just because she was absolutley shit-hot.

apparently their label spent €250k on their 2nd album in South Africa.

actually, one of their ridiculously hot groupies/GFs/sisters has just texted me saying i did a great job and can i text her my email so i can be added for info on further gigs. theyre going to be my new london buddies in september coz theyre movin over too. nice guys, not my cup of tea though.

i think ill text her just because she was absolutley shit-hot.

Is she one of their 5 friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back