The Wii (4 Viewers)

frona

I'm thinking of getting this but I'm worried about the whole waving the control pad around a la someone who has never played games before thing. Is this a genuine innovation or a gimmick? It smacks of gimmick. I was talking to a staff member in Game there yesterday and he said for games like Zelda (which is the main reason I want to buy the thing) you have a little joystick attachment for the control pad. There's lots of attachments apparently. Gimmicky...

Is it wrong to buy a console just for Zelda? I've done it before (the N64) and it was so worth it.

I'm thinking of getting this but I'm worried about the whole waving the control pad around a la someone who has never played games before thing. Is this a genuine innovation or a gimmick? It smacks of gimmick. I was talking to a staff member in Game there yesterday and he said for games like Zelda (which is the main reason I want to buy the thing) you have a little joystick attachment for the control pad. There's lots of attachments apparently. Gimmicky...

Is it wrong to buy a console just for Zelda? I've done it before (the N64) and it was so worth it.

buy it, you power-metal slut! ;) i need a wii...

I pld Zelda on the N-64 too and also ISS 98 the forerunner of PES :)
I also bought some contraption u plugged into the N64 for extra graphical power

oh left out the classic GoldenEye and Mario64 and also Doom64.

I pld Zelda on the N-64 too and also ISS 98 the forerunner of PES :)
I also bought some contraption u plugged into the N64 for extra graphical power

oh left out the classic GoldenEye and Mario64 and also Doom64.
Yeah, Goldeneye was good too. I bought the N64 twice for Zelda! Why don't we have a "smug" emoticon?

Does Micky play games?
Not really. He plays football games the odd time. He's not into any kind of game that has a storyline or requires time or patience. He has the Football Hooligan game for the PC but that's mostly for the novelty factor! I'm the nerd of the family.:eek:

holy shit!
The ad gets better everytime I watch it.

I won't be getting the Wii anytime soon though if at all. Plain ol gamecube Zelda for me this Christmas.

im fucking sold.
went into smiths.
if you leave a 25 euro deposit you'll be garaunteed one the fri after its released.
anyone know what the deal is with regards to the demand for these yokes.

anyone know what the deal is with regards to the demand for these yokes.

i think everywhere is guaranteeing you'll get one before Christmas but if you're only putting a deposit down now in big stores in town you probably won't get one on launch day. hopefully i'll be ok? number 87 in GAME on Dawson Street. saw a poster in the window of Tower today. that could be worth checking out.

Wii have a problem

what was the poster for?
im confused.

a Wii poster with December 8th on it. i presume that means they'll be getting some in stock. i doubt Tower would have had many people in putting down deposits and enquiring about it so you might get one there at launch.

a Wii poster with December 8th on it. i presume that means they'll be getting some in stock. i doubt Tower would have had many people in putting down deposits and enquiring about it so you might get one there at launch.

gotcha ;)

im considering getting it for my lady for christmas though im still toying with the idea so it doesnt matter if i get it launch day or not.
maybe i mistook her excited cheering at the wii ads on telly as just a gimmicky phase.

gotcha ;)

im considering getting it for my lady for christmas though im still toying with the idea so it doesnt matter if i get it launch day or not.
maybe i mistook her excited cheering at the wii ads on telly as just a gimmicky phase.

if all goes to plan you can come over to my place on the 8th for some tennis / boxing. entrance fee = pear cider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back