The Thrills (1 Viewer)

That happened me, although to be fair I had no evidence that I'd ever been on the bill and in fact hadn't ever even been in contact with the organisers in any capacity.

I heard they're in 10 years mourning for Corey Haim.

Yeah, that’s pretty spot on. Blackpool sentinel guy is very much a documentarian on Irish bands.

Well the guitars are too squanchy for me and I can't pick out which waterboys song the hook is from - its like a shadow on fishermans blues. Its DEEPLY inoffensive, which brings me in mind of that amazing quote in the krautrock documentary where someone says something like 'the music had become so non-political, it became political' in the post war years. The article is great hoooover as mentioned it kinda leaves out a paragraph that either says 'these lads are unlistenable unless you have a building boom going on' or 'this song is the tightest song you'll ever hear and opens the door to understand the pure genius of this outfit'.

Also if we are going to talk big sur - Robinson Jeffers - Wikipedia

I must look out for the first album, I might be slightly more interested in hearing it now maybe; they were never on my radar at the time; just didn't seem like my kind of thing despite them lifting their sound wholesale from bands/artists who are my kind of thing. Yer man's slightly choked vocals always put me off.
Blackpool Sentinel has this also; mainly pointing out the influence of The Stars of Heaven on The Thrills - THE STARS, THE THRILLS AND THE CLOCKS

I met Conor from the Thrills, or as our mutual friend who introduced us, "Conor-from-the-Thrills" at a festival 2 years ago, seemed a nice enough guy.
I like that he refers to him as "the band’s unconscionably good-looking and hirsute lead singer" because I was once mistaken for him in Liffey Valley shopping centre by two girls. Didn't take it as a compliment at the time but signed the autograph anyway.

Yer man's slightly choked vocals always put me off.

Maybe the vocals were the decisive than the authenticity jabs... Or that they weren't wuuuurking class heroes. I remember the big mouth guitarist from Aslan berating Conor Deasy for not singing in his own accent.

Maybe the vocals were the decisive than the authenticity jabs... Or that they weren't wuuuurking class heroes. I remember the big mouth guitarist from Aslan berating Conor Deasy for not singing in his own accent.
I you tubed the first album last night; lots of great songs on there. Not sure why they stuck in people's craw like they did; apart from daring to their influences so obviously. They weren't at all bad.

Yer man's slightly choked vocals always put me off.

Criticism, from Fucking Aslan.

Jesus fuck.
AnywayThe Thrills weren’t bad.
Bit poncey for me but certainly some catchy hooks and tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back