Residential proxies (1 Viewer)

As in proxying your browsing through someone else’s residential internet connection?
Yeah, I think so - something like this A top-notch provider of proxy services. - IPRoyal.com

Wow, looks like you can also proxy through people's phone connections :eek:

So this must be how selling/buying streams on Spotify works

If I made a playlist containing 24 3-minute Stoat songs and played it constantly on rotation each song would get played 20 times every 24 hours, which is the limit of streams-of-a-single-song-per-user-per-day that Spotify counts. That's 480 streams per day which at EUR0.004 per stream gets me EUR1.92 per day, or EUR57.60 a month. I'm on a family subscription, which costs only EUR4.50 a month per person, so I'm making >50 a quid a month profit

Scale that up to 1000 Spotify accounts over a residential proxy network and I'm making 50 grand a month. Fuck me

Ok so here's a prediction - Spotify will move to a new model of money distribution within the year. The record labels will probably try and manipulate it to be more friendly to them than to bottom-feeder musicians like us, but the key to the new model will be that an individual user's behaviour can't affect the distribution of a larger amount of money than they have paid in subscription fees

@pete maybe we could change the thread title to something like "Residential proxies and Spotify"?

edit: or actually maybe not, I wanna see if I can make some money out of betting on something like this in a prediction market first ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back